This is a long-range EXPEDITION vessel that, to quote it’s owner/co-designers “is living proof that a well-designed powercat is a very desirable cruising platform: faster, more fuel-efficient, safer, more comfortable, more stable than any monohull in the same price bracket, with a go-anywhere and self-sufficient mentality.”
Domino has cruised almost non-stop for 9 years, clocked 53,000 NM through 45 countries, completed 3 Transpacs, ditched a dozen hurricanes and shouldered a rogue wave, dropped anchor some 800 times….thus proving the point: powercats are a very desirable long-range cruising platform!
She remains impeccably maintained and cruise-ready. All she needs is the next adventurous couple or small family who is ready to take on the world!
Full build, performance and maintenance records.
Enter aft from either side through the sugar scoops on either hull, up through molded steps into the spacious cockpit. This is where you can comfortably host up to 50 people for cocktails or a meal. Mirror image engine rooms are accessed on either hull.
Walk into the extremely spacious one-level living, cooking and helm space. Through the main salon doors and to port is the full head and shower. Continuing forward is the master stateroom. Directly across to starboard is the full galley. Forward of that is the dinette and seating area. Forward of the main salon and to midships is the full interior helm station. Access to deck from portside sliding door with foldaway ladder.
Additional accommodations in a junior stateroom with loft in the portside hull. Starboard side hull features a full workshop, easily convertible to an additional sleeping area.
Incredible spacious, light and airy design with 7.5’ headroom and expansive views throughout. Ventilation and heating in the main interior areas ensure comfort at anchor or underway.
Flybridge and upper helm is accessed through a molded ladder on the portside of the bulkhead forward of the cockpit. Tender and kayak storage space, with crane to assist in raising and lowering your toys!
Walking forward on either side of the main living area through wide side decks with full hand holds. Spacious forward deck allows easy access to the custom anchoring system and additional storage forward in either hull.
Evidence of stout build quality everywhere – everything feels solid and capable of ocean passaging, and has been tested in all cruising conditions!
Galley is located to starboard in the main deck.
- Stove/Oven: Dickinson Mediterranean 3-burner gas
- Sink: Scandvick double SS
- Fresh water pump: Manual
- Refrigeration: Top-loading Isotherm box, fresh and saltwater cooled
- Freezer: (in port hull) Top-loading Isotherm box, fresh and saltwater cooled
- Toaster Oven: Black & Decker 110v
- Gas Alarm: Trident solenoid
Other equipment: Breville Breadmaker, rice cooker, deep fryer, Soda stream soda maker, Nespresso aeruccino coffee maker, Foodsaver Vacuum sealer, cordless vacuum, blender, mini food processor, electric kettle, yogurt maker.
Master stateroom is on main deck to port. One-level floor plan for living areas. Sleeps up to 8 people.
- Main cabin – walk-around queen bed
- Port hull: 1 single berth; 1 double berth. Access port to forward deck.
- Starboard hull: Workshop and Northern Lights Genset; 1 double berth.
- Main Salon: 37" x 50” table with seating for 6 on starboard side. 2 person helm bench; watch/captain berth to port.
- Heater: Dickinson Cabin diesel heater 6,000 to 17,000 BTU
- Generous Storage in all areas under seating and benches
Ventilation – Extensive cabin ventilation (natural forced ventilation):
- 5 vents with double latches with baffles surround forward portion of living area
- 2 extraction fans
- 8 Caframo fans installed throughout
- 2 Ocean Breeze Air Conditioner compressors (12,000 BTUs) – NEVER USED, needs service
Head is located to port, just inside entrance to the main salon from the aft deck and cockpit area.
- Number of heads: 1
- Dometic Fresh Water Vacuflush
- Shower: 1
- Holding Tanks: (2) 1 black and 1 grey water. Gravity drained. Pump-out station.
- Water Heater: Isotemp 24 ltrs 110v and heat exchanger
- Water collection system for rain water collection – in addition to HRO system!
Glazing on Windows/Ports:
- Diamond Seaglaze tempered glass
- Helm: 7 x 12 mm
- Sides: 13 x 10 mm UV
- Aft: 9 mm
- Doors: 9 mm
- Windshield Wipers: Imtra Exalto (x3) 56 cm blades, with fresh water washdown
- Spacious and comfortable outside living area
- Large sink
- Live bait tank
- Seating/dining for up to 12 people
- Dual fiberglass propane tanks in starboard locker
- Magma BBQ Avalon smoker
- Fresh water quick connect
- Laundry Spinner, easily replaced with washing machine
Deck Equipment and Accessories:
- Tender: Custom FG/Sandwich 3.3 meter with boarding platform
- Outboard motors: (1) Tohatsu 18 hp (2-stroke); (1) Mercury 4hp (4-stroke)
- Davit: x 2 Transom and Flybridge
- Hoist Crane: 2,000 lbs., on flybridge
- Deck Wash: On bow and aft
- Deck Shower: Aft
- Cockpit cushions
- Bimini on flybridge
- Extensive amount of Mooring lines and fenders
- Diving Gear – airline hookah with 2 x 20m hose, Honda generator and float
- 2 Sea kayaks
- 1 Knee board
- Mosquito nets/netting
- Wine storage for >100 bottles!
- Sewing machine
- Complete dinnerware
- Full Library of Owners Manuals, Cruising Guides, Technical Books and Maintenance Logs
- Extensive inventory of spare parts for all systems
Electronics and Helm
Extensive Furuno Suite:
o Helm: TZT14, MFD 12, Furuno RD33 (touchscreen, multi-function display)
o Flybridge: MFD 12, Furuno RD30 (touchscreen, multi-function display)
o Loaded with charts and waypoints
- Autpilot: Simrad AC 12 (+backup)
o 2 x AP 28 control units
o RC 42 Rate compass
- Depth Sounder / Fish Finder (port hull): Furuno DFF3, R199 2kw transducer. Range = 800 m.
- Depth Sounder (starboard hull) Airmar DT 820 (depth and temperature)
- Radar: Furuno with 6’ array antenna DRS12A with DRS 12A power supply
- Satellite GPS: Furuno SC50
- Weather Station: Airmar PB 150
- GPS: 3
- Stereo: Wired cabin / aft deck and Bose bluetooth
- VHF: Icom IC-M604 (x2) with dedicated antenna
- Handheld VHF: IC-M88 (x2)
- HF Comm: Icom IC-718 whip antenna
- Satellite Phone: Iridium Go (2017)
- AIS Transponder: Furuno FA50 with dedicated antenna
- Navigation: PC computer loaded with SAS Planet and Open CPN, tacks and files
- Binoculars: Fujinon with stabilizer
Domino is wired for 110vAC / 24vDC but adapts to all world wide currents, and has been tested!
- Batteries: House 6 x Odyssey PC 1800 (2012). New replacements on order and will be installed. 640 amp hours @ 24v.
- Engine Start Batteries: Odyssey PC 1700 (2014) 875 CCA
- Genset Battery: Odyssey PC1200 x 2
- Generator: Northern Lights 12kw Lugger
- Alternators: House: Balmar 140 amp @ 24v, 1 per engine
- Alternator: Engine Start: John Deere 12v, 1 per engine
- Inverter/Charger: Magnum MS4024, 400 watts @ 110v (portside)
- Charger: Victron Centaur (x2) 24v/100W
- Shore power input: 110vAC and 220vAC
- Watermaker: Horizon Seafari 1400-2. 60 gallons (240 ltr)/hour with commercial pre-filter
- Solar Panels: 4 x 200 watt Suntech Outback FlexMax 60 charger controller
- Additional: Galvanic Isolator
- Air-Conditioner: (Never used, needs service) 2 x Ocean Breeze Air Conditioner compressors (12,000 BTUs)
- Laundry Spinner: Aft deck, easily replaced with washing machine
- Engine Room Ventilation: Jabsco extraction fans
- Washer/Dryer: Splendide 2100XC, 11 lb. capacity, vented (starboard)
- Bilge pumps: 13 electric, with alarms
- Engines: John Deere
- # of engines: (2)
- Engine Model: 6081 AFM – M2 rating (see note below)
- Engine Year: 2008
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- HP: 300 x 2
- Cruising Speed: 10 knots
- Maximum Speed: 22 knots
- Engine Hours: 5,300
- Propellers: 34 x 42 x 4 blades (2)
- Engine Controls: Glendinning Electronic engine control at (1) main interior helm station; (1) flybridge station; (3) remote stations – bow, stern and flybridge
- Steering system: Hydrive Pack 2 TM-9 with HD-250 cylinders
- Transmission: ZF 280-1 with trolling valve
- Aquadrive anti-vibration
- Dripless PSS shafts
- Meticulously maintained, all service records available
- Fuel transfer and polishing system: 4 main tanks, 2 day tanks fed with Dayton pump, FS1218 Cummins filter
- Engine fed with triple stage filtration system before engine mounted filter
- Oil change system: Reverso pump in each engine room
- Note: Engines can easily be reprogrammed for higher horsepower. M3 rating = 330 hp; M4 rating = 375 hp
- Engine Room Ventilation: Jabsco extraction fans
Fire Suppression, Alarm System and Safety
Fire Suppression Systems:
- 1 in each engine room
- 1 in genset locker
- 1 in house batter locker
- 2 in port hull
- 1 in starboard hull
- 1 in main cabin
- Fire blanket in galley
Security, Monitoring and Alarm System:
- Paradox Marine Magellan with remote control, flybridge siren, flashing alarm light
- Surveillance camera aft deck
- Monitoring camera in each engine room
- Search light: Jabsco
- Deck lights: x2
- Bow lights: x2
- Horn: Hailer
- Black, grey, fresh water and fuel tank level monitoring systems
- Liferaft: Zodiac Solas 6-person. Serviced January 2016, EPIRB fitted
- Sea Anchor: Fiorentino Para-Anchor 21’
- Lifejackets: (7) all sises, 4 auto inflate
- Harnesses: 2
- EPIRB: Yes (Jan. 2016)
- MOB Retrieval: Lifesling; throwrope
- MOB Light: Yes
- Bilge pumps: 13 electric, with alarms
- Swim ladder: Yes, deployable by swimmer 3 steps underwater
- Handheld torch
- Manual emergency tiller: Yes
- Anchor #1: 75 kg Ancora Latina/Raya with 90m ½” chain grade 43, 150m of 1 ¼” rode
- Anchor #2: 44 kg Ancora Latina/Raya with 120m 3/8” chain grade 43, 75m of 1” rode
- Anchor #3: Fortress 37 with 10, 3/8” chain and 100m of 5/8” rode
- Anchor #4: Fortress 125 with 20m 10mm chain and 60m of 1”rode
- Anchor #5: Guardian G37 with 10m 5/16” chain and 50m of 9/16” rode
- Anchor Bow Rollers: (3) Single SS rollers
- Custom brake and tensioner system for anchoring
- Windlass: (x2) Maxwell VWC 4000 with helm control and auto-anchor chain counter
- Winches: (x2) Maxwell VWC 1500, 1 on each coking aft platform
- Stern line: 200m Quickline “Flatline” + extensive amount of line/rode
- Chafing gear
- High pressure saltwater pump for anchor washdown
Domino has anchored over 800 times in her 9 years of life – these systems have been tested and proven in all conditions!
Lightning Protection System
Domino was designed with an extensive Lightning Management System – on the theory that they would be hit by lightning, the purpose was to manage the hit!
Custom designed by Ewen Thomson (www.marinelightning.com)
- Aerials: 5 aerials, connected to copper tube encircling the boat
- Custom Faraday cage for electronics
- Spark electrodes: 10 “sidearc” dispersion electrodes
- Arrestors and diodes: On every antenna and electrical/electronic device
*Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
This listing is presented to you courtesy of a member of the International Yacht Brokers Association and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.