Wellington 57' 57 Pilothouse
Canvasback is a remarkable and well designed motorsailer that works as well in the Tropics as in the higher latitudes.Her shoal draft has allowed her to travel easily through the Caribbean and Bahamas. Her tabernacle mast allows her to cross under bridges for inland adventures. And, her pilot house keeps her crew comfortable regardless of the temperature. Few boats are as well suited for such wide ranging conditions.
- Make Ford Lehman
- Fuel diesel
- Type Inboard
- Total HP120
SYS Yacht Sales is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by PIER ONE YACHT SALES.
- Category Power
- Condition Used
- Hull Material Fiberglass
- Make Wellington
- Model 57 Pilothouse
- Boat Name Canvasback
- Length Overall 57'
- Model Year 1983
- Beam 14' 6''
- Max Draft 5'
- Fuel Tank1 x 500|gallon
- Heads 2
- Max Speed 11 kn
- Cruising Speed 8 kn
- Length 57'
- Fresh Water 1 x 500|gallon
- Windlass Type Electric
- Drive Type Stern
There is a spacious galley to port with plenty of storage, extensive counter space and a huge dinette opposite.
- Double S/S sinks
- Holding plate refrigerator and freezer: refrigerator and freezer are in separate, well insulated, boxes.
- Seaward 3-burner S/S propane stove and oven
- 2 – 20# aluminum propane tanks
- Washer and Dryer
- 20-gallon hot water heater
Canvasback” has a terrific pilothouse. The view is unobstructed in all directions. A large chart table (with storage under) is built into the dash area and large chart drawers are a step away, all electronics are at hand, port and starboard doors allow immediate access on deck and the galley is only a few steps away. Both pilothouse settees are comfortable berths and usable for guests or for sea berths.
The master stateroom has a full sized double bed with good access from both sides. There are two hanging lockers, each about 6 feet long, eight drawers and several additional lockers in this space. The master head is spacious and boasts an oversized shower.
Forward are two double staterooms with ample drawers and hanging lockers, and a second head with separate shower. One of these staterooms is a v-berth and the other has over/under bunks.
The salon and galley are down two steps from the pilothouse. Here there is a copious amount of storage, seating for 6 to 8 at the table and a large galley.
There is a remarkable workshop and tool room forward of the engine room, with a large work table, vice, parts storage and a washer and dryer.
- Two electric heads with manual option
- Two units of reverse cycle Marine AC/Heat (one 8,000 BTU unit new 2014)
- Electric heads fore and aft
- Ductwork for a diesel heater is in place, although the heater itself was removed.
Wellington Yachts built many of its yachts, including CANVASBACK, with a passive flotation option. Using nearly 600 cubic feet of closed cell foam in all the void spaces, she was designed to remain afloat even in the case of being fully flooded. In this event, she is designed to sink only 8”, leaving the berths and pilothouse dry and maintaining stability and sailing capability.
She’s been very well maintained. A 2012 refit included: bottom job and complete topside paint, new LED lights, tricolor masthead light with strobe, searchlight and 12v Vetus bow thruster. At this time the mast was removed, repainted and rewired.
In 2014, a further refit was undertaken, which included: new mainsail furling, new chainplates, new motor for windlass, new inverter, new injectors for the main engine as well as a new exhaust system.
2019 Refit included:
* new roller Mand and Genoa
* New Flooring and sealing of aft deck and refinishing of pilot house teak
- Amazing engine room, very clean, with full stand up headroom
- Cruises effortlessly at 8+ knots in all conditions; max speed is 11+
- Enormous tankage: integral fiberglass tanks hold 500 gallons of both water and fuel
- Enormous range under power
- Workshop with bench
- 8 kw Northern Lights generator
- Reverse cycle AC
- 12v Vetus bow thruster
- Shoal draft
- 3 private staterooms, 2 heads
- 56’ mast height