Californian 48' 48 Convertible
48' | Californian 48 Convertible | 1987
Beautiful 3 Cabin Sport Fisher
This is a loaded and well cared for 48' Californian Convertible. The owner purchased her from the original owner over 10 years ago and now ready to sell. Twin Detroit Diesel 6V92TA's easily push this hull to 24 knots and a nice cruise speed of 18 knots.
Three stateroom layout makes her great for larger families or multiple guests. The large galley and spacious salon are great for entertaining. The flybridge has great visibility and seating for all your guests. The yacht comes equipped with a hydraulic davit on the bow and rib tender with a Honda 15 hp outboard.
This yacht is perfect for fishing or diving as well as trips to Catalina or else where along the CA coast. Do not miss this opportunity to own a turn-key yacht.
Call, email, or text the listing broker anytime for more information or to schedule a showing.
- New full-Size Frigidaire full size fridge/freezer
- Onan 15KW and 4KW generators
- Props tuned and shaft packing replaced
- Newer Magnum inverter and battery charger
- Water maker w/ new membrane
- All new batteries - one year ago
- Center console dinghy w/ 15 hp Honda (recently serviced)
- Davit crane on bow for dinghy
- Sirius satellite radio
- Electric heating in salon
- LED lighting throughout
- Click on full description for additional features
- Make Detroit Diesel
- Model 6V92TA
- Fuel diesel
- Type Inboard
- Total HP1,100
- Year 1987
Listed by Denison Yachting - Marina Del Rey
THIS BOAT IS SUBJECT TO AN EXCLUSIVE LISTING AGREEMENT WITH DENISON YACHTING - MARINA DEL REY (310) 430-1502 AND IS NOT OFFERED FOR SALE BY SYS YACHT SALES. SYS Yacht Sales is merely providing this information in an effort to represent you as a buyer in the purchase of this vessel.
- Category Power
- Condition Used
- Hull Material Fiberglass
- Make Californian
- Model 48 Convertible
- Length Overall 48'
- Model Year 1987
- Beam 15' 2''
- Max Draft 4' 8''
- Fuel Tank1 x 1110|gallon
- Heads 2
- Single Berths 3
- Max Speed 27 kn
- Cruising Speed 18 kn
- Length 48'
- Holding Tank 1 x 90|gallon
- Fresh Water 1 x 210|gallon
- Double Berths 2
- Displacement 40,000 lb
- Drive Type Direct
The 48 Convertible was the largest flybridge sportfishing boat produced by Californian during the company’s many years of production. Built on a solid fiberglass hull with a well-flared bow and a shallow keel. Her standard three-stateroom layout was arranged with the galley and dinette forward in the salon and an amidships owner’s suite, while an alternate two-stateroom floorplan with a mid-level galley opened up the salon considerably.
A relatively narrow beam and wide side decks result in salon dimensions that are very modest compared with other boats her size. Early models came with dark walnut interior woodwork. A transom door was standard in the cockpit, and the tournament-style flybridge was arranged with lounge seating forward of the helm console. Additional features included separate stall showers in both heads, a molded pulpit, transom door, and wide side decks. Among several engine options, a pair of 550hp 6V92s cruise the Californian 48 at 21 knots (around 24 knots top).
Three staterooms layout with two head that both have separate shower stalls.
V-berth with filler in forward stateroom along with a uppersingle berth to starboard.
Starboard is the master stateroom w/pedestal queen size berth, storage, ensuite head w/ large tub and shower.
Aft to port is the third stateroom with upper/ lower berths.
Salon and galley area w/convertible dinette to port, galley area to starboard with teak and holly sole. Salon has an "L" shaped convertible sofa, entertainment cente, etc.
- Props and retuned
- Shafting packing replaced
- New full-size refrigerator freezer
- New Magnum battery charger/inverter
- All new batteries replaced one year ago
- New water maker membrane
- Engine cooling system gone through - six months ago
- Outboard serviced recently
- All new LED track lighting throughout
- Sirius satellite radio
- Canvas in process of being replaced.
- Full size Frigidaire fridge and freezer
- 3 burner electric stove - Princess
- Microwave - Sharp Carousel
- Blender hook up - Nutone
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Garbage disposal
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Ample storage and counter space
- x2 upgraded Raymarine C120 chart plotters w/ radar
- Icom 55 & 56 VHF radios
- Robertson DL 200 auto pilot
- Goldstar 952 48 mile RadarStereo, 4 Pair of speakers,
- JVC Disc player
- Ritchie 4"compass,
- Heart Interface Alarm system
- Flo Scan engine monitors
- 2 built-in electric wall heaters
- dual electric air horns
- 2-15KW and a 4 KW Onan generators
- Upgraded Magnum inverter/ battery charger
- Electric anchor windless
- Watermaker - new membrane
- Auto bilge pumps
- Electric dingy davit crane on bow
- 20 gal electric water heater
- Vac-U-Flush heads
- Electronic engine controls
- Fiberglass bow pulpit with anchor roller Plow anchor
- Maxwell # 1200 anchor windlass
- Delta # 55 galvanized anchor
- Dinghy davit and a stainless steel cradle on fordeck
- Bimini top with full enclosure - new canvas in progress
- Radar arch with newer Raymarine radar
- Anchor wash down forward and aft
- Transom door
- Fiberglass swim step with ladder.
- 3 Captain chairs on flybridge
- Dual fiberglass bait tanks
- Rod holders throughout