Custom 87' Howdy Eidelman Sternwheeler - Jack Sarin
AMAZING PIECE OF OREGONS HISTORY AVAILABLE ON A MODERN PLATFORM. THIS 1990 JACK SARIN (NAVAL ARCHITECT) DESIGNED STERNWHEELER, IS AN ACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF HOW THE RIVERS IN OREGON LOOKED WITH VESSELS LIKE THIS PLYING THE WATERS.
THE WILLAMETTE QUEEN IS AN ACTIVE, TURNKEY, AND VIABLE BUSINESS, WHETHER CRUISING THE WILLAMETTE FOR WEDDINGS, CORPORATE EVENTS, BRUNCHES, OR SITTING AT THE DOCK AS A RESTAURANT. THE VESSEL HAS FOOD AND LIQUOR LICENSES. FEATURED IN MANY ARTICLES, THE WILLAMETTE QUEEN IS VERY WELL KNOWN, AND THE CITY OF SALEM IS VERY KEEN ON KEEPING THE VESSEL IN PLACE AS A GREAT TOURIST DESTINATION.
A LATE 2018 MARINE SURVEY VALUED JUST THE VESSEL AT $800,000.00. YOU CAN GET THE VESSEL AND THE BUSINESS FOR LESS THAN THAT!!!
If you are a water faring person, looking for an amazing business opportunity, you have just found it! After 24 successful years (yes, the business came through COVID just fine) the owners have decided to retire, and pass the Willamette Queen onto fortunate new owners. They have decided to sell the vessel and business, or just the vessel, whichever works for new owners.
Able to have 101 patrons dining, and a total of 109, the WQ is a Coastguard inspected vessel. There is a full bar, and kitchen, to cater to any event you could imagine. The WQ is a renown wedding venue, and is used for river cruising brunches, private dinner events, and much much more. Captain Richard deftly maneuvers the vessel using the forward/backward thrust of the hydraulically driven paddle wheels, and side thrust from hydraulic bow and stern thrusters, while Ms Barbara runs the galley and bar.
There are many different linens, chair coverings, and table ornaments/decorations etc to provide a great palette of color options to a bride or event planner, and this includes decorations for all major holidays. There are also several vehicles that can go with the boat, and have been used successfully alongside the WQ.
The vehicles include:
1999 9 passenger Lincoln Limousine
1989 Ford 16 passenger Shuttle Bus
50' Double Decker Parade Float designed like a sternwheeler.
As a very established business, a new owner could be very successful, with some guidance from the current owners. Even if only operated as a waterfront restaurant, the business would be thoroughly supported by the city of Salem.
If you would like to view the Willamette Queen, please call the listing broker to schedule a viewing.
- Make Cummins
- Model 855
- Fuel diesel
- Type Electric
- Total HP285
- Total Hours 940
- Year 1990
SYS Yacht Sales is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by W S Yacht Brokers.
- Category Power
- Condition Used
- Hull Material Fiberglass
- Make Custom
- Model Howdy Eidelman Sternwheeler - Jack Sarin
- Boat Name WILLAMETTE QUEEN
- Length Overall 87'
- Model Year 1990
- Beam 24'
- Max Draft 3' 6''
- Fuel Tank1 x 500|gallon
- Heads 4
- Cruising Speed 7.82 kn
- Length 87'
- Length at WaterLine 64' 8''
- Holding Tank 1 x 500|gallon
- Fresh Water 1 x 500|gallon
- ElectricalCircuit 12 V
- Windlass Type Electric
- Drive Type Other
WILLAMETTE QUEEN STERNWHEELER FOR SALE!
Name: Willamette Queen
Style: Dual Paddlewheel Sternwheeler
Builder: Howdy Eidlemann
Naval Architect: Jack Sarin
USCG #: 959851
USCG Certified: Yes
USCG Drydock: January 2019
Passenger Capacity: 101, total allowed 109
Dining Capacity: 101
Gross Tonnage: 62 GRT
Net Tonnage: 50 NRT
Cruising Speed: 9mph
Build Year: 1990
Route Certification: Rivers
HULL, SUPERSTRUCTURE, DECKS
- Solid laminate FRP (fiberglass) hull with 3/4" marine plywood bulkheads, transverse framing, steel I beam longitudinally run between decks, full length solid laminate FRP keel
- Deck fittings for electrical (Port aft), water (bow), fuel (port amidships), and waste (bow centerline)
- Boarding doors are forward on Port and Stbd sides
MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT AND ENGINE DETAILS
- Cummins 855 6 cylinder 285hp turbo diesel with governor, which powers 4 hydraulic pumps, and a Lima generator
- Engine hours 940 after complete overhaul/rebuild
- Keel cooler system on Port and Stbd
- Dry stack exhaust
- Split/dual paddlewheel
- Bow and stern hydraulic thrusters
- Hydraulic controlled rudder between paddlewheels
- 2 33 gal Craftsman compressors
- Everbuilt 1/2hp Jet Water Pump with 20 gal tank, delivering 125psi
- Hot water tank 115 VAC 50 gal
- 2 Fisherman anchors 250lbs and 100lbs, and 1 Navy anchor 100lbs
- 50' 1/2" Galvanised chain, and 100' nylon rode
- Two restrooms on lower deck
- Male: 1 stall, 1 Urinal, and 1 Sink
- Female: 2 Stalls, 1 Sink
- 500 gal fuel (fiberglass)
- 500 gal freshwater (fiberglass)
- 500 gal waste (fiberglass)
- Throttle/clutch controls
- Hydraulic wheel steering
- Bow and Stern thruster controls
- 8' Brass ships bell
- 14" Air train whistle
- 10" Air whistle
- Bilge alarms and controls
- Upholstered helm seat
- Remote controlled searchlight
- VHF base station, and handheld
- FM radio
- Depth Sounder
- Wired and wireless Microphone speaker systems
- Entertainment system with Sony 50 CD player, two Dynacord Sound Mixers (2 x 300 watts), Optimus 1250, E/V Power Speakers, Dining room speakers, and BOSE exterior deck speakers
- 11 ( 48' X 24") Laminate tables
- 18 (24' x 24") Laminate tables
- Upholstered stacking chairs (82 on the boat, and 20 more in storage)
LOWER DECK (01)
- Blodgett full size convection oven
- GE Range/oven, Kenmore Range/oven (1 of each)
- Frigidaire large microwave
- Amana refrigerator/freezer
- Holiday chest freezer
- GE Small refrigerator for coffee service
- 3 Stainless sinks, 2 stainless tables
- CMA L-IX Dishwasher with 6 racks
- 2 Burner BUNN Commercial coffee maker plus warmer
- 8 Baking trays, plus 2 extra large
- Knives 107, Forks 123, Teaspoons 64, Soup Spoons 11, Serving Spoons 24, Ice Tea Spoons 20
- Goldware 4 piece place servings for 20
- Plates and Bowls: 9" Clear 95, 7" Clear 100, 9" Ivory 20, 5" Salad/Dessert 175, Soup Bowl 30, Fruit Cups 20, 11" Ivory Plates for Cake Table 11, Cupcake Holders 2 Blue & 1 Gold
- Tulip shaped Ice Cream Sundae Dishes (35)
- Serving Pieces Gold for Buffet 6
- Cooking Pots: Extra Lrg Soup 3, Various 8, Frying Pans Various 8, Cast Iron Fryers 3, Spaghetti Pot 1
- 9 Type ABC Dry Chemical Extinguishers
- 1 CO2 System for Engine Room
- 14 Rule 1500 GPH 12vdc Submersible Automatic Bilge Pumps
- Plumbed, Galvanized Bilge Piping to Pump Every Compartment, powered by 115vac AC Myer Jet Pump
SUPPLIES STORED OFF VESSEL
- 36 Plastic boxes filed with artificial flowers of every color and type for weddings and special events
- Wide variety of decorations for all major holidays and seasons
- Extra tables and chairs
- 1999 Lincoln Limousine 9 passenger
- 1989 Ford 16 Seater Shuttle Bus
- 50' Double Decker Parade Float designed like a sternwheeler
NOTE: Personal Items and Photos are not included in the sale.