Nordlund 70' 70
*** $50,000 Price adjustment March 9***
Nordlund Custom Boats in Washington State is renowned for their high quality with over 60 years of experience in repairing, refitting and building custom yachts for experienced owners.
‘Paragon’ is a Nordlund that was designed by Ed Monk and custom built for an experienced boating family specifically for extended cruising. She was built as 63' and extended to 70' at the Nordlund factory to provide more cockpit length. Her extensive cruising history includes multiple trips up and down the West Coast from Mexico to Alaska and she is being offered for sale for the first time.
She’s a pilothouse model with Portuguese bridge, offers 3 staterooms, 3 heads, a stand up engine room and a fully enclosed flybridge. Her cruising speed is 9 – 11 knots.
'Paragon' shows pride of ownership and has been continuously maintained and updated to a very high standard.
Twin Lugger engines
2 Northern Lights generators
17’ Novurania RIB with Yamaha 90hp outboard
No exterior wood
New bottom paint and tender serviced February 2023
- Make Lugger
- Model 6140A
- Fuel diesel
- Type Inboard
- Total HP1,200
- Total Hours 8830
- Year 1990
SYS Yacht Sales is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Yacht BC Yacht Sales.
- Category Power
- Condition Used
- Hull Material Fiberglass
- Make Nordlund
- Model 70
- Boat Name Paragon
- Length Overall 70'
- Model Year 1990
- Beam 17' 10''
- Fuel Tank1 x 1000|gallon
- Heads 3
- Single Berths 2
- Length 70'
- Length of Deck 68'
- Fresh Water 1 x 500|gallon
- Double Berths 2
- Displacement 85,000 lb
- Drive Type Direct
Walkthrough of Paragon
You can enter ‘Paragon’ from boarding gates on port or starboard, or stepping onto the integral swim platform. The swim platform has stainless staples and two built-in storage lockers.
The extended cockpit is partially covered from the boat deck above and has high bulwarks for safety. The cockpit (and flybridge) were recently covered with PermaTeak and there are two lazarettes providing storage and systems access. A built-in cabinet forward in the cockpit offers tackle storage, a handy sink, and stairs to the engine room. Once in the cockpit, you can move forward up either side deck, head up a ladder to the boat deck, down a hatch into the engine room or enter forward into the salon.
There are covered walkaround side decks on each side of the boat. The bow has a Portuguese bridge with storage lockers, a center gate for access to the foredeck, and bench seating with storage underneath.
- PermaTeak decking (new 2022)
- 2 lazarettes
- Locker on port side
- Fresh and saltwater washdown
- Bait tank pump outlet
Entering the large salon immediately to starboard is a dining table for four people with a leather covered L-settee forward. On the port side there are 2 leather covered bucket chairs, a floor to ceiling bookshelf and a wet bar forward. The headliners, interior furniture and galley appliances have been replaced in the last several years. The spacious salon is very comfortable and a great place for entertaining or relaxing. The salon and galley have large windows with wooden venetian blinds and all the opening windows are screened.
The U-shaped galley is up two steps from the salon and is well equipped for the most discerning Chef.
- 4 burner Creda electric cooktop
- GE oven
- GE stainless steel refrigerator with two freezer drawers
- Kenmore Elite microwave convection oven
- Built-in coffee maker
- Built-in blender
- Broan trash compactor
- ISE in sink garbage disposal
- Bosch dishwasher
- Bar fridge
A curved staircase from the port side near the galley leads down to the accommodation spaces.
The master stateroom is low and aft in the boat for the most stability. The island king bed has walkaround on both sides and there is ample storage in drawers and hanging lockers. Three opening portholes provide light and ventilation. The master ensuite head features a large stall shower with a seat. There is a full size Bosch Axiis washer and dryer in the master. A door aft leads to a foyer with electrical panels then into the engine room.
Guest accommodation is offered by a VIP cabin with full ensuite in the bow and a third stateroom with twin beds to starboard. The guest cabins have opening portholes for ventilation and ample drawers and lockers for storage.
A day/guest head with shower is located in the passageway to port.
- Planar diesel furnace in the salon (2021)
- Microphor toilets
- Central vacuum system
- KVH Tracvision 6 (2019)
- 3 - TV’s
- Planar diesel furnace for salon (2021)
- Planar diesel furnace for flybridge (2021)
- AquaAir air conditioning
The pilothouse is two steps up from the galley. Here two Stidd chairs are behind a well-laid-out instrument console with updated electronics. Just aft there is a raised bench with comfortable seating for three providing great views from behind the helmsman. Sliding doors on each side provide easy access to the bow and side decks for docking or anchoring. A staircase up to port provides access to the flybridge through a sliding hatch.
- Nauticomp screen running Nobeltec
- Simrad AP20 autopilot
- Furuno 1945 open array radar
- Furuno 1935 open array radar
- Furuno sounder
- Furuno GP33
- Sitex class B AIS
- Icom M412 VHF
- SEA 322 SSB
- Standard Horizon hailer
- Weather display
The flybridge has two Pompanette helm chairs behind the instrument console and aft is well-laid-out bench seating with storage underneath. The entire flybridge is protected by a full enclosure, has PermaTeak flooring and a dedicated diesel heater to keep you warm.
- Barrett full enclosure (2019)
- Simrad AP20 autopilot
- Furuno TZT 12” display
- Furuno radar display
- Icom M412 VHF
Aft of the flybridge on the boat deck is the tender, crane, large chest freezer, deck box and aft-facing docking station. A clear hatch covers the ladder to the cockpit.
Boat Deck Features:
- Novurania 17’ center console RIB, 90 hp Yamaha outboard (2008)
- Tender Features: Lowrance plotter/sounder and electric downrigger mounts
- Steelhead SM1500R electric/hydraulic crane
- Chest deep freeze
- Canvas covers for windows, crane, dinghies, freezer
- Aft facing docking station
- Zodiac 8 person liferaft (not current)
The engine room on ‘Paragon’ is clean, well laid out and features 6 foot headroom. Access is either from the cockpit or through the master stateroom.
- Twin Lugger 6140A 600 HP engines (4420 hrs)
- Trolling valves
- Engine synchronizers
- Engine block heaters
- Northern Lights 20KW generator (3819 hrs)
- Northern Lights 12KW generator (994 hrs) installed in 2011
- Naiad 252 stabilizers
- Tank tender for water levels
- 6 station intercom
- 8 x 8D batteries house bank (2019)
- 2 x 8D batteries start bank
- 2 x Group 27 generator start batteries (2018)
- Xantrex 3000W inverter with remote panel in salon (2016)
- Glendinning power cord system
- Automatic fire system
- FCI watermaker with remote panel in pilothouse (2018)
- Dedicated fresh water pimp to back flush watermaker (2020)
- 120 VAC compressor (2019)
- 120 VAC backup hydraulic pump
- Engine driven emergency bilge pump
- Fuel transfer pump
- Oil change pump
- 2 ½“ shafts
- Tides dripless shaft seals
- Wesmar hydraulic bow thruster
- Protected Portuguese bridge
- Large foredeck with seating
- Maxwell 3500 Windlass, 300’ 3/8” chain, 150’ rode, large Fordfjord anchor
- ACR remote spotlight
- Deck lights
- Magma barbeque
- 2 Scotty Electric downriggers'
Bottom paint and dinghy service completed February 2023
‘Paragon’ comes with all manuals and documentation and is equipped with a number of spares including two propellers, alternator, filters
The name ‘Paragon’ is reserved for US buyers.
Artwork, tools and personal possessions are excluded from the sale.