Beneteau 40' Oceanis 400
Price reduced yet again. Owner has taken delivery of his new boat, wants Aleshanee to go now! Offers!
2 July, in transit to the Rio Dulce, Guatemala.
She is at the high end of market price for this age and model. Two reasons: she's the best equipped by far and also in the best condition. Read on to find out more!
Aleshanee is the owner's version of the Oceanis 400, one of the most popular Beneteau designs with hundreds being built. Her many recent upgrades, from 2018 to 2022 include all new wiring, new electronics, new mainsail, new standing and running rigging, custom arch, air conditioning and much more. Please see specifications and photos for full details.
Most recently the little dings and nicks which accumulate over the years have been professionally attended to and the hull buffed and waxed. If you are looking for a true cruising boat, recently outfitted with all of the equipment necessary for extended cruising, Aleshanee will fit your expectations.
As an added bonus she's already located in the unspoiled cruising grounds of the Western Caribbean. The islands of Roatan, Guanaja and Utila are an overnight sail away. Belize and the pristine Barrier Reef are next door. The cruising grounds of Mexico, including Cancun, Isla Mujeres and Cozumel are a couple of days away. Diving? Some of the best of the world: The Mesoamerican Reef region lies within the Caribbean Sea and touches the coasts of Mexico, Belize, Guatemala and Honduras. It contains the largest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere, stretching nearly 700 miles from the northern tip of the Yucatan Peninsula down through the Honduran Bay Islands. Dazzling arrays of different types of coral form this underwater wilderness, and provide homes and food to hundreds of fish species, marine turtles, and sharks.
Don't waste your time buying a cheaper boat and then spending a year and countless $$$ getting ready to go cruising. Buy Aleshanee and go cruising in paradise tomorrow!
- Make Perkins M50
- Model Perkins M50
- Fuel diesel
- Type Inboard
- Total HP50
- Total Hours 2400
- Year 1995
Listed by New Era Yachts
THIS BOAT IS SUBJECT TO AN EXCLUSIVE LISTING AGREEMENT WITH NEW ERA YACHTS (510) 523-5988 AND IS NOT OFFERED FOR SALE BY SYS YACHT SALES. SYS Yacht Sales is merely providing this information in an effort to represent you as a buyer in the purchase of this vessel.
- Category Sail
- Condition Used
- Hull Material Fiberglass
- Make Beneteau
- Model Oceanis 400
- Boat Name Aleshanee
- Length Overall 40'
- Model Year 1995
- Beam 12' 10''
- Max Draft 5' 5''
- Dry Weight 16'
- Fuel Tank1 x 40|gallon
- Cabins 2 x 6.33 ft
- Heads 2
- Single Berths 1
- Max Speed 6.52 kn
- Cruising Speed 5.21 kn
- Builder Name Beneteau
- Length 40'
- Length at WaterLine 34' 11''
- Length of Deck 40'
- Holding Tank 2 x 10|gallon
- Fresh Water 2 x 140|gallon
- Double Berths 2
- Propeller Cruising Speed 2200
- Displacement 16,000 lb
- ElectricalCircuit 12 V
- Ballast Weight 5,300 lb
- Windlass Type Electric
- Boat Keel Fin Keel
- Drive Type Direct
- Maximum Number of Passengers 10
- Total Liferaft 6
Dinghy Davit LiftEasy lift with Lewmar 48 2spd/st.
Dinghy Davit LiftEasy lift with Lewmar 48 2spd/st.
- Air conditioning is 110V, will run for short period on fully charged batteries
- Dickenson 2 burner gimbaled propane stove with oven/broiler, 2020
- Top loading freezer with spill over refrigeration. New Freezer cold plates and compressor installed 2018
- Sunbeam Microwave, 2020
- Double SS sink with new faucet
- Sea water foot pump
- Hot & Cold pressure water, 12 gallon water heater
- Ample counter and storage space
- Spice rack
- Fan, opening port for ventilation
- Located near companionway for additional ventilation and easy access to cockpit
Salon & Staterooms
- Dometic 16kbtu hot/cool central air system with soft start technology, 2021
- Two stateroom layout, master forward with settee and ensuite head an shower
- Forward Berth mattress full size 8in gel top memory Foam
- Double berth aft to port, aft head accessible from berth and salon
- Aft Berth mattress Queen 6in G memory foam
- Single berth settee to starboard in salon with mattress XL Twin 10in gel memory foam
- All have a pillow top waterproof mattress cover
- LED lighting
- Fans throughout salon, galley, heads and staterooms
- Multi color selectable LED overhead Lighting, under table reflelective lighting, night/low light illumination
- Engle Refrigerator/Freezer 12v2.8A max, new Jul 2021
- Stern 2 x 2000lums spot lights aft facing for dingy launching and security
- Expedition Style Bimini/Dodger New May 2021. Strato-glass has sun protection covers when anchored
- Leather covered wheel, Whitlock
- Folding cockpit seat cushions
- Drop leaf cockpit table
- Standing Rigging, new, 2017
- In-mast furling main, new, December 2020
- Spare main, serviceable
- Roller furling Genoa, restitched, new Sunbrella UV strip, December 2020
- All running rigging new, 2021
- Lewmar primariy winches, 2sp/st
- Lewmar halyard winches, 2sp/st
- Spinnaker pole, rebuilt, 2021 (Not included in sale price, negotiable)
- Genoa tracks and mainsheet traveler mounted on coach roof
- All halyards run aft through tunnels on coach roof
- Spinnaker halyard and gear (Not included in sale price, negotiable)
- Mast steps
- Mast head tri-color, 2020
- Foredeck light
- All new wiring, including new electrical panels, 2018
- House batteries: 4 x 215Ahr Northstar AGM, March, 2018
- Engine Start: 1 x 100Ahr NOrthstar AGM, March, 2018
- Blueseas charger/controller
- 4 x 200W solar panels mounted on bimini, 2021
- Wind generator
- Victron Cerbo GX Touch with display at nav station, 2021
- Victron Centaur 12V/100A battery charger, 2021
- Victron MPPT-TR 150/60 Solar Controller, 2021
- Other Victron Subsystems, 2021
- Portable gas generator
- Two shore power inlets, bow and stern. The shore power with breaker disconnects at either location (ABYC standard). This allows greater docking flexibility. Single 30 amp service utilizing smart plug connections.
- Updated water distribution system with selectable hot and cold water manifold disconnects, 2020
- IsoTemp 6.5gal hot water tank, 2021
- New Galley, head faucets and showers, transom shower relocated to cockpit.
- Spectra Connect 150 Water Maker, 2020 with spares kit
- Spectra Connect Display Controller at Nav Desk
- Fresh water pump installed 2020 for galley
- 35# Rachnor anchor w/400' chain, 3/8" BBB
- Danforth secondary anchor w/rode
- Lewmar electric windlass with foot controls
- Windlass connected through 65amp breaker to house batteries
- 75psi seawater washdown in locker
- Jack lines
- Eye bolts for safety harness in cockpit
- USCG approved flare kit
- Life raft, soft cover stowed on deck (not included in purchase price, optional)
- Walker Bay 10' w/inflatable PVC tube
- Torquedo electric outboard, equivalent to 4hp ob
- Fire extinguishers in galley and salon
- Four life jackets
- MOB pole
- Horseshoe ring
- Double lifelines w/port and starboard boarding gates w/canvas
- Deck cleats fore, aft & midships port and starboard
- Lifeline netting
- Bow and stern pulpits, gate on stern pulpit
- Fenders and dock lines
- Original Perkins Prima M50 48-52 HP Diesel.
- Last owner said the power plant was overhauled 400hrs prior.
- engine hour meter was not operational when purchased by current owner.
- New Engine instrumentation installed and hour meter is functional. Estimated engine time 2400
- Engine Timing belt Replaced 230hrs
- Engine driven fuel pressure pump was rebuilt. Jan 2021
- New engine driven impeller and housing installed Jul 2021
- New 85A alternator with spare 115a available.
- Fuel burn is 0.5gal/hr@1800rpm making 5-6 knots
- Water and fuel filters, fuel filter relocated for easier access
- New sound proofing, 2020
This second generation Oceanis is designed to provide her owners with plenty of cruising performance and comfort, blended with safety and true ease of handling. Her fin keel with bulb has a low center of gravity which allows her to sail efficiently on all points of sail while providing excellent stability. The large diameter, leather sheathed wheel, coupled to a counter-balanced rudder, provides precise and easy steerage under sail or when maneuvering under power in tight quarters. Application of Beneteau's patented Watershield System in the hull laminate provides protection against osmotic blistering. And by using a structural grid system in the hull, stiffness is ensured as well as correct rig and keel load distribution. In the interior, open spaces, fixed hull ports and skylights, many opening ports and hatches, provide an abundance of light and air. The galley is close at hand both to the cockpit and the salon so the chef is never far from the rest of the crew. The Oceanis 400 cockpit is a mastery of ergonomic design, giving plenty of elbow room to the largest of crews, whether underway or socializing around the cockpit table at the end of the day. High coamings provide plenty of back support and security for the crew. Genoa tracks and turning blocks are placed on the cabin top as is the mainsheet traveller. This positioning improves the sheeting angle of the genoa and enhances upwind performance. It also clears the side decks making them safer to use. The double spreader, furling mast has discontinuous rigging and forward lower shrouds. The furling mainsail is controlled by an inhaul and an outhaul line led aft to the maneuvering winch. All lines running aft from the mast to the cockpit are covered by a deck cowling. Genoa sheets and maneuvering lines are controlled by large self-tailing winches, and are used standing rather than sitting, making it easier for the crew. Rope tails are stored using tiebacks affixed to the coachroof. Lifeline gates are at maximum beam where they are most accessible. The anchor locker contains the electric anchor windlass. The stemhead has two anchor rollers, one of which tilts and is balanced forward to allow easier lowering of the anchor.
Oceanis 400 Specifications - Standard Equipment Deck Fittings - Anodized aluminum stemhead fitting with 2 rollers, one tilting - Anodized aluminum toerails - 6 anodized aluminum mooring cleats - 4 roller fairleads, aft and amidships - Aft anchor roller to port - SS bow pulpit with red-green navigation light - SS two part stern pushpit with removable lifeline, horseshoe buoy support and flagstaff holder - 24" stainless steel stanchions - Double SS lifelines with gates port and starboard - Self draining anchor locker with anchor rode eyestrap - Electric windlass recessed in anchor locker - 2 handrails on coachroof - Halyards and maneuvering lines led aft to cockpit under a deck cowling - 7 spinlock stoppers for halyards and maneuvering lines - 6 x 6", aluminum anodized cleats - Mainsheet traveler on coachroof with adjusting lines - Coachhouse mounted genoa tracks with cars - 2 genoa sheet turning blocks on coachhouse - 2 sail and liferaft storage lockers in cockpit - Lazarette locker with access to steering quadrant - Aft swim platform access door in transom - SS swim ladder with teak steps and hand hold - 2 equipment lockers in swim platform - Stern light on transom - Transom fender - Cockpit table - steering pedestal with: 2 folding leaves,table light insulated icebox with drain, hand hold, leather covered wheel, glassholder on pedestal, compass, engine instrument panel, single lever engine control panel for electronics - Stern pulpit seat Mast and Rigging - Anodized aluminum mast and boom - Double aft swept spreaders - In-mast mainsail furler - Genoa furler with drum recessed below deck - Mast step with halyard turning blocks - Anchorlight - Steaming light Standing Rigging - Stainless steel discontinuous rigging - Forestay - 2 backstays - 2 upper shrouds - 2 forward lower shrouds - 2 aft lower shrouds Running Rigging - Main halyard - Genoa halyard - Genoa sheets - Mainsheet - Main topping lift - Traveler control lines - Furler control line - Mainsail furling control lines Sails - Furling mainsail - 153% furling genoa with UV strip Forward Head - One piece molded head compartment - USCG approved marine head and holding tank - Sink with stainless towel bar - Hot and cold pressure water - Hand held shower - Electric shower sump pump - Storage cupboards - Mirror - Lewmar trimline opening hatch 18" x l2" - Roller blind - Fixed portlight - Opening port in coachhouse - LED lighting Owner's Cabin Forward - Double pullman berth to port - Shelves along hull side - 2 large drawers under berth - Settee to port - Lewmar trimline opening hatch 20" x 15" - Roller blind - 2 Lewmar opening ports in coachroof with blinds - 2 fixed ports in hull - Dorade ventilator - LED lighting - Reading light Main Salon - U-shaped settee with water system access under aft end - Lockers and bottle storage along hull side - Handrail along coaming - Fixed hull port - Lewmar opening port 23" x 5" - Lewmar trimline opening hatch overhead 20" x 15" - Roller blinds - LED lighting overhead - Reading lamps Galley - 2 burner propane stove with oven and ss protection bar - Double SS sinks with hot and cold pressure water - Carving board fillers for sinks - Sea water foot pump with ice box drain system plumbed - Dish drainage locker - Insulated icebox with two baskets 6 cubic foot - 12 volt refrigerator in front loading compartment - 12 volt freezer in top loading compartment - Roll out grocery storage compartment - Trash can - Dust collection pan built into cockpit sole - Handrail on coaming - Fixed hull port - Lewmar opening port 12" x 5" - Lewmar trimline opening hatch 10 " x 10" - Roller blind - LED lighting - Neon light over working space - Curved portlight to cockpit Navigation Station and Salon - Aft facing chart table - Drawer and locker under table - Locker in chart table seat - Book rack and shelf - Hinged panel for electronics installation - Hinged multi function 12 volt electrical control panel - Fixed port in hull - Lewmar opening port 23" x 5", - Red - white night light - Handrail on coaming - Large storage cabinet Companionway - Plexiglas sliding hatch - Plexiglas hatch boards with vent - Aluminum hatch board frame - Fiberglass engine cover with molded wood steps and nonskid on treads - Engine access 2 handrails Aft Head to Port - One piece molded head compartment - USCG approved marine head and holding tank - Electric shower sump pump - Sink with stainless steel towel bar - Hot and cold pressure water - Hand held shower - Storage cupboards - Mirror - Lewmar 12" x 5" opening port with blind - Halogen lighting Aft Cabins - Double berth - Hanging locker - Storage lockers - Engine access panel - Lewmar trimline opening hatch 10" x 10" - 2 Lewmar opening ports 12" x 5" - One fixed portlight to cockpit - Blinds on hatches and ports - LED lighting Plumbing - Pressure water pump - Accumulator on pressure water system - Rigid water tanks 140 gallons - Shower at transom Electrical - 24 Function 12 volt electrical panel - Pressure water pump - Electric bilge pump - Accumulator tank on pressure water system - Water heater 12 gallons Engine Equipment - Perkins 50 Prima engine - Engine compartment insulation - Fuel capacity 41 gallons - Fuel gauge - Hourmeter - Tachometer - Engine alarms - Miscellaneous - Winch handles - Owner's manual - Spare parts kit
UPDATED TO REFLECT CURRENT EQUIPMENT