Cheoy Lee 89' Expedition 90
The 1999 DOUBLEYOU is the only Cheoy Lee Expedition 90 model ever built and features exterior naval architecture by Tom Fexas Yacht Design. She was previously owned by renowned American singer/songwriter Jimmy Buffett. DOUBLEYOU benefitted from an extensive internal refit in Indonesia finished in 2020 that focused on the main salon, skylounge, bridge and guest cabins. The upgraded, modern styling brought a fresh touch to the yacht's otherwise traditional aesthetic. The yacht's moderate keel extends below the running gear for protection in more shallow waters. DOUBLEYOU is a spacious and capable yacht with a GRP hull and superstructure, a proper tri-deck layout and a spacious open bow area for carrying tenders and toys. This Cheoy Lee is ideal for an owner seeking an authentic explorer yacht.
Melody Savio designed DOUBLEYOU's original interior. Her new interior, courtesy of her 2019 refurbishment, is light, bright and modern. The relaxed style is reminiscent of a Hamptons beach house with an understated color palette, white timber flooring and deckhead panels and elegant furnishings. Nine guests are welcome in four guest staterooms divided into two areas. The master suite and VIP cabin are in the aft section and are accessible via a companionway. Both cabins are full-beam and well-appointed, with ample storage. Two further guest cabins are located midships with twin berths and an additional Pullman berth in the starboard cabin. Three crewmembers can be comfortably accommodated in two crew cabins on the lower deck with access to the galley.
DOUBLEYOU's main salon and dining area is a comfortable, informal space with plenty of natural light and an at-home feel. Two large sofas face each other, and an expansive dining table is forward and additional armchairs. The artwork and leathers complement the salon's relaxed and subtle atmosphere, showcasing a unique styling. The yacht's skylounge is a multifunctional space that is part office, part TV lounge and part library, depending on the occasion. The space has its own bathroom for maximum privacy and opens up to the spacious aft deck that features an L-shaped bar with seating along with a comfortable forward facing sofa and stylishly upholstered teak seating. The galley is located forward on the main deck and is professionally finished with stainless steel worktops and commercial-grade appliances.
Her exterior styling is that of a classic explorer yacht, with a tall superstructure, expansive side decks and an open foredeck. A sizeable permanent sunshade over the upper deck allows for maximum use of this area, and her high topsides contribute to the feeling of safety. Her noticeable hull is painted navy blue with white topsides and a teak capping rail. As guests board DOUBLEYOU via the opening hull side doors on either side, they will enter the cockpit, which features a forward-facing bench seat aft with full overhang coverage and protection from the elements. Some steps lead down and aft to the transom for direct access to the water or the lazarette. Forward of the cockpit is a single glass sliding salon door with a stainless-steel frame to access the salon.
DOUBLEYOU's bridge is on the upper deck forward of the skylounge. The area features chequer plate floors, a main helm seat flanked by two further navigational seats, and a raised observation seat with a small table. The bridge can easily accommodate several people and would be a fantastic position from which to enjoy any voyage. Side doors open to port and starboard and lead to the side decks and Portuguese bridge so that any watchkeeping may be done without hindrance.
Her foredeck mast with crow's nest is secured by s/s rigging and would prove to be helpful in a range of situations, and lends a 'large ship' feel to the yacht. DOUBLEYOU's flybridge/skylounge roof deck can be accessed via a ladder mounted to the starboard side on the aft upper deck. This roof area, not intended for guest use, is home to the electronics mast, radar and satellite domes and is also home to a second davit crane to launch and retrieve a small rescue tender which is kept here to avoid cluttering the foredeck space. Life rafts may be stored here, and there is plenty of room for future potential storage if needed.
- Make Caterpillar
- Model 3406E
- Fuel diesel
- Type Inboard
- Total HP1,400
- Total Hours 20734
- Year 1999
SYS Yacht Sales is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Lee Marine International Brokerage (Thailand).
- Category Power
- Condition Used
- Hull Material Fiberglass
- Make Cheoy Lee
- Model Expedition 90
- Boat Name Double You
- Length Overall 89' 11''
- Model Year 1999
- Beam 21'
- Max Draft 7'
- Dry Weight 3'
- Fuel Tank1 x 18000|liter
- Heads 4
- Max Speed 14 kn
- Cruising Speed 11 kn
- Builder Name Cheoy Lee
- Length 89'
- Fresh Water 1 x 5000|liter
- Windlass Type Electric
- Drive Type Direct
• 2 x Caterpillar 3406E engines. 10,249hrs / 10,485hrs (July 2022)
• TwinDisc gearboxes and electronic controls
• 2 x Northern Lights 40Kw / 60hz generators. Portside genset is original with estimated 5500hrs+.Stbd genset installed in 2019 with 1803hrs (July 2022)
• Naiad Marine central hydraulic system for bow thruster and stabilizing system.
• Central system hydraulic pump plus emergency backup fitted
• PTO's fitted to gearboxes and stbd generator.
• Additional hydraulics for steering and passerelle
• Power sources via Shore Power / 2 x Generators / 2 x Inverters
• Voltage indicated as 60Hz as opposed to 50Hz
• Glendenning Cablemaster system
• 1 x Atlas shore power converter
• 1 x Xformer shore power converter
• 2 x Mastervolt inverter/charger 24V/3000W
• 1 x Snadi inverter 24V/2000W
• MarineAir reverse cycle air-conditioning
• Ariston 230V water boiler
• 24V DC system on board.
• 1 x Charles 12V 30A battery charger
• 1 x Charles 24V 60A battery charger
• Sea Recovery watermaker 340L/hr (4949hrs)
• Sea Recovery watermaker 340L/hr (2259hrs)
• 1 x Ritchie magnetic compass
• 1 x Furuno satellite compass
• 2 x Furuno NavNet3D displays
• 1 x Furuno GP-39 GPS/Plotter
• 1 x Furuno DFF1 network sounder
• 1 x Furuno DRS6A 96nm open array radar scanner
• 1 x B&G wind instrument
• 2 x Icom IV-M602 VHF radios at helm
• 1 x Standard VHF in crew area
• 1 x Simrad AP22 Autopilot
• 1 x Furuno PA170 AIS
• 1 x large TV in upper deck skylounge. TV input from Apple TV.
• Sound from Denon home theatre
• Medium sized TV in crew area
• Saloon and galley on main deck. Guest cabins on lower deck midship; crew cabins forward. Wheelhouse
and skylounge on upper deck.
• Modern looking interior with woodwork and soft furnishings in light, neutral colors.
• Interior fully air-conditioned. Adequate natural ventilation from opening doors, windows and
• Two guest cabins midship; total 5 berths. Aft section with full beam VIP stateroom and owners
stateroom. All cabins well appointed with adequate storage.
• All cabins have en-suite bathrooms. Day head adjacent to main deck saloon.
• The vessels interior is tastefully finished, free of damage and presents very well.
• Professional looking galley with stainless steel worktops
• All galley equipment in working order.
• Original LPG system removed and replaced with new electric units. No cooking gas on board.
• 1 x Teka electric stove
• 1 x Teka electric oven
• 1 x Frigidaire microwave
• 1 x Miele dishwasher
• 1 x KitchenAid garbage compactor
• 1 x 220V Samsung 2 door fridge/freezer
• 1 x 220V GEA deep freezer (in pantry)
• General Alarm / PA system
• 2 x 6 person inflatable rafts in GRP containers. Last inspected June 2022
• Flare kit provided
• 2 x EPIRB
• 1 x SART (battery expired)
• First Aid Kit
• 2008 Boston Whaler 150 Montauk - length 4.70m - with 90HP Mercury outboard engine
• 2019 Highfield 2.90m Aluminium RIB with Mercury 5HP outboard engine
• 2022 Cholamark 5.50m centre console RIB with Suzuki 60HP engine