Hatteras 87' 86 Convertible
SPHEREFISH is one of the very few 86 ‘Hatteras Convertibles ever built. Powered by MTU 16V-2000, it cruises comfortably at 18 knots with a top speed of 24 knots, and its 5,000 gallon (18927l) fuel capacity provides extended range. Her highly customized high-gloss cherry interior features a four-cabin layout to include the Captain, her VIPs, and two twin cabins. Two separate crew cabins are located at the private aft with cockpit access.
REFIT (2020 - 2021)
- New bridge cowl cylinders
- Cleaning of diesel tanks
-Installation of 34 fillers to have access to cleaning the diesel tanks
- Refurbishment of guest / VIP / Master cabin linings
- Repair of ceiling linings
- New fishing armchair cover
- New awning to close the saloon cockpit and protect from rain or wind
- New awning in black micro-perforated screen to have "privacy" in the lounge cockpit while allowing air to pass through
- Awning for bench seats and exterior wheelhouse
- New black screen protection for the side windows (sun protection for the interior)
- New heather gray exterior upholstery
- Complete repair of the fishing seat
- Complete boat polish (hull and superstructure)
- Resumption of all varnishes inside
- Gilding of all spots
- Gilding of all the cupboard handles and door handles
- 2 new B&G Display H5000 wind indicator
- New Furuno probe for sonar
- 4 Erans Led LCD 15 '' and 17 '' for the plotter, Radar and CCTV
- 11 FENDERTEX rebates
- Complete overhaul of Cruise Air Dometic air conditioning
- Change of all mirrors and lighted cabins tower mirrors
- Complete box new original MTU turbo exhaust
- Changing a P1200BXT-SP 1200 Dometic air conditioning unit
- Full inspection of the extinguishers / life rafts
- Miele G6835 SCVI Dishwasher
- Miele WWB 0250 WCD washing machine
- Dryer Miele T7644C
- 2 new membranes for the watermaker
- Overhaul of Outrigger cylinders
- Change of all seawater valves (17)
- Trim for inspection cylinder flaps
- Underwater Lights Review
- Fairing with Antifouling Hempel Globic 9000
- Changing the propeller shaft bushings (hydrolube bushings)
- New Anodes
- Anchor chain 100m and new anchor of 90 Kgs
- New carpet in the guest area
- New 4K TV with large screens in the living room and Master cabin
- New camera
- Installation of a small footbridge to descend to the quay from the rear.
- Make MTU
- Model 16V-2000
- Fuel diesel
- Type Inboard
- Total HP3,600
SYS Yacht Sales is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Aqua Marine.
- Category Power
- Condition Used
- Hull Material Fiberglass
- Make Hatteras
- Model 86 Convertible
- Length Overall 85' 11''
- Model Year 2003
- Beam 21' 5''
- Max Draft 6' 6''
- Dry Weight 208'
- Fuel Tank1 x 4210|gallon
- Cabins 6.58 ft
- Heads 5
- Max Speed 24 kn
- Cruising Speed 18 kn
- Length 87'
- Holding Tank 1 x 220|gallon
- Fresh Water 1 x 840|gallon
- Bridge Clearance 26.42 ft
- Free Board 3' 11''
The large Hatteras 86 Convertible continues to provide long range advantages to serious sportfishing owners. Her 21-foot beam provides a stable platform in even the most unfriendly seas. The 161-square-foot cockpit features a live baitwell, freezer storage, washdowns, bait and tackle center storage, a transom fish box, and an in-deck fish box - everything for the serious angler. The spacious aft deck, perfect for entertaining, leads directly into the expansive salon, which features abundant seating, handcrafted cabinetry, and tailored window treatments. The spacious galley is forward of the salon and directly to starboard is where the pantry, with plenty of storage, can be found. This space can also be specified as a day head. A secure stairway, forward of the galley, provides access to the staterooms. The full-beam master suite easily accommodates a king-size berth, two large walk-in closets, and a built-in entertainment center. The master head features a combination whirlpool tub and shower. Leading forward from the master stateroom are the three well-appointed staterooms. The port and starboard guests both feature convertible twin-to-queen berths, cedar-lined hanging lockers, and private en suite heads each with stall showers. The bow VIP guest suite features a walk-around queen berth, a built-in entertainment center, a cedar-lined hanging locker, and a spacious private head with shower. The crew stateroom features man-sized bunk beds, hanging lockers, and a private head with a stall shower. An upright freezer adds to the overall storage capacity. The engine room, forward of the crew area, is adaptable to several different power options.