Beneteau 50' 50
This well-maintained vessel has been used for live aboard cruising by her current owners
Two boat owner - motivated to sell
3 cabins, 2 Heads w/ stall showers
Reliable Yanmar 110 hp engine with 1200 hours
Onan generator with 500 hours
Large cockpit with dual steering wheels, and integrated swim platform
Electric Primary Genoa winches, electric halyard winch, in mast furling main, electric Genoa furler.
Electric flushing heads
Full Galley with double SS sink, 12v refrigeration, microwave, water maker
Upgraded electrical, batteries, and charging systems – 2x200 watt solar panels.
Completely airconditioned with reverse cycle heat
CE Certification – A ocean rated.
The popular Beneteau 50 is designed by naval architects Bennet Racoupeau with the interior designed by Nauta Designs bringing a contemporary look to the well-known Oceanis brand. The 50 features a dual-cockpit configuration with twin steering positions and directly accessible winches for the helmsman. Owner has made Arch and Princess seats for both helms, making a huge difference when at the helm for long watches. Access from the stern is made easy by a built-in step and a hinged seat that lead to the cockpit.
Please contact listing broker for more details or to set up appointment for viewing....
- Make Yanmar
- Fuel diesel
- Type Inboard
- Total HP110
- Year 2007
SYS Yacht Sales is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Denison Yachting.
- Category Sail
- Condition Used
- Hull Material Fiberglass
- Make Beneteau
- Model 50
- Boat Name Australis
- Length Overall 50'
- Model Year 2007
- Beam 14' 8''
- Max Draft 6' 10''
- Dry Weight 28'
- Heads 2
- Length 50'
- Double Berths 3
- Boat Keel Other
Naval Architect – Barret Racoupeau
Interior Design: Nauta Design.
LOA …… 15.20 m …………….. 50 ft
BEAM … 4.49 m …………….. 14.75 ft
DRAFT… 2.1 m …………… 6.9 ft
Air draft … 22.3 m ………… 73.2 ft
DISPLACEMENT … 12,935 kg .. 14.25 tons
TANKAGE: Fuel ….. 235 ltr … 62 gal
Water … 565 ltr … 150 gal
Holding … 80 ltr … 21 gal
Engine - Yanmar 110 HP (4JH4HTE)– 1200 hours
Generator- Onan 5.5 MDKUB-2232G - 500 Hours
CE: Certifications .. A8 / B9/ C14
The accommodation offers excellent light and ventilation throughout with 6.6ft standing head room.
Forward is the stunning master cabin with a large queen island berth, storage lockers and access to the private head with large separate shower stall.
The main salon has a large dinette to port with custom-designed seating stools and table, these stools can slide together to make a good sized midship bed. Attractive large six person dining table standing on two supports with two optional long folding sides that are easily positioned or can be removed and replaced with a small coffee table. There is storage under settee and stool seating.
Across to starboard is long settee and forward facing nav station.
The galley is safe and ergonomic to use at sea with double stainless steel sinks and pressurized hot and cold water, 4 burner hob and oven, microwave, fridge and freezer are to port. The guest head is to starboard.
The two spacious aft cabins with double berths come with plenty of head room and stowage.
The fwd sail-locker located on the foredeck with step ladder access offers excellent storage including room for a folded tender.
Vessel has a large master en-suite cabin forward with queen centerline berth.
There are 2 guest cabins aft, and a second head and shower. Starbd cabin has private access to aft head, making this a second en-suite cabin. Aft head is also accessed from Salon area.
MASTER STATEROOM (Forward)
Headroom – 1.92 m … 6 ft 4 in
Queen berth with storage drawer under berth
Hanging Locker to port
2 additional lockers to either side of berth
Dressing table with mirror
High shelves on each side of berth
2 Large opening hatches with blind and netting
2 fixed hull ports for additional light
PRIVATE FORWARD HEAD:
Separate stall shower
Storage locker with shelf above
GUEST STATEROOM (Aft)
Two symmetrical aft guest cabins with double berths.
Headroom 2m … 6 ft 7 in
2 closed shelves along hull, hanging locker, under berth locker.
1 fixed hull port, one opening port each cabin to coaming
1 cockpit port in aft Port cabin – 2 cockpit ports in aft Starbd cabin
Starbd at cabin has private access to head.
Electric flushing heads
Starbd head in Salon w/separate stall shower, Synthetic resin worktop and washbasin, 2 closed storage lockers, fixed side window, opening port.
80 ltr holding tank.
Salon companionway has wood stairs with nonskid surface. There are SS handrails for safety when descending the stairway.
To Starbd: are 2-seater settees w/folding central armrest, 2 closed cabinets with shelving along the hull, bar unit between bulkhead and settee
To Port: U shaped settee with fold away arm rest, 2 closed cabinets with shelving along the hull, Salon table storage unit between forward bulkhead and settee, 4 closed storage units along the hull
Hull ports on each side, and panoramic window forward.
3 opening deck hatches.
Forward facing chart table and navigator’s seat - w/ 2 hinged storage lockers plus drawer beneath, and removable panel for electrical access.
In addition to standard control panel, Nav station is fitted with VHF, AirCon control panel, Fusion Stereo control panel, additional Furuno MFD and Victron color display.
Full Galley is to Port – U-shaped for safety, and near companionway.
SS rectangular double sinks w/chopping block – hot/cold mixer tap.
4-burner stove top – Gimbaled
130 ltr (137 qt) front opening refrigerator – 12v
100 ltr (106 qt) top-opening freezer – 12v
Storage lockers, cutlery drawer, closed shelf units
Opening port for light and ventilation
Electrical Upgrades (Charging)
• Victron Color Control Display (CCGX) with Bluetooth interface to charging systems/data from mobile devices and internet.
• Battery Chargers - Victron MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50 - 230V VE.Bus Inverter/Charger
• Upgraded 120amp charger, dedicated to the domestic battery bank
• Inverter runs from domestic bank and is connected to the 240v sockets
• Inverter engages seamlessly should shore power/generator drop
• Secondary inverter socket for ‘230v critical systems’ to allow disengaging of sockets - Includes Victron MK2 USB adapter to modify the Multiplus configuration via Laptop –
Pro Mariner Charger 60amp
• Dedicated to the starter batteries and bow-thruster/head furler batteries - ProMariner Battery Isolators (alternator charging)
• (Upgraded from factory for better efficiency and performance) - Victron BlueSolar Charge Controller • Victron MPPT connected to the domestic battery bank
- Battery Banks • Domestic Bank - 2 x 230 AGM + 2 x 150 AGM = total 760ah • Starter Batteries - 2 x 130ah • Bow thruster/electric furler - 1 x 150ah
2nd Service battery (replaced in 2016)
Solar Panels • Mounted on stern arch, 400 watts.
Galvanic Isolation • ProMariner Galvanic Isolator installed in starbd lazarette.
LED energy efficient masthead light
• LED spreader deck lights
• LED energy efficient navigation lights (port/stbd and stern)
• 2 x 200-watt solar panels
Auto helm computer upgraded to Raymarine ACU-400 with EV-1 9 axis compass - (EV1 replaces the legacy gyro compass which is still fitted but disengaged and provides additional data to the NMEA devices) - (original SPX helm computer is stored for spare/backup)
• Helm display unit upgraded with two display units, Raymarine i70s at helm and Raymarine i70p accessible from shelter of the cockpit spray hood
• Upgraded the factory fitted Raymarine e80 plotter with Raymarine e97 MFD installed between the helm positions
• Upgraded the original seatalk1 instrument network with seatalkNG throughout
• Installed Raymarine ITC-5 analog to digital converter to pass data to the seatalkNG devices
• Installed 3 x Raymarine i70 displays at helm positions (replacing the legacy st60 devices)
• Vesper Marine XB8000 AIS installed with added Vesper AIS/VHF booster/splitter providing AIS transponder plus NMEA183 to NMEA2000 gateway, WiFI hub and mobile device GPS anchor watch with audible alarm (highly accurate and reliable)
• Shakespeare AIS/VHF antenna installed at masthead (on a rigid stainless-steel mount) providing maximum VHF range for AIS transponder and VHF radio
• Furuno TZTouch2 MFD 12” touch screen display at nav station
• Furuno DRS4D NXT Solid state doppler radar
• Airmar P79 through hull sonar (connected to the Furuno to analyze seabed)
• iCom VHF radio
40” Samsung SMART TV (new in 2017) -40” Smart TV installed with built in preview tuner and analog tuner connected to antenna mounted at the masthead.
Stereo system Bose (replaced in 2015)
Fusion Stereo with additional display unit at cockpit and external Bluetooth
Twin compasses – one mounted at each helm
Engine - Yanmar 110 HP (4JH4HTE)– 1200 hours
Straight shaft w/ fixed 3 blade bronze propeller.
Engine compartment sound proofed with engine access from under companionway steps, and 2 side access panels in aft cabins.
Generator- Onan 5.5 MDKUB-2232G - 500 Hours
28,000 BTU air conditioning w/ reverse cycle heat
Bilge Pumps Upgraded • Replaced original bilge pump with two Rule bilge pumps.
Water Maker • Parker Village LTM500
Freshwater System Upgraded • Replaced original Johnson domestic freshwater pump & accumulator with efficient variable speed pump (2x spare pumps included)
Two fresh water rotomolded tanks totaling 565 ltrs total.
40 ltr (10.5 gal) electric water heater
Electric sump pumps for shower drains
Manual and electric bilge pumps
Steel Blue Hull currently wrapped with 3M Marine Wrap (Midnight blue)
Teak side decks
• Mantus Galvanized Anchor - 65lb (best anchors in the world)
• 100 meter (328 ft) P-Grade 10mm high tensile chain in excellent condition (much stronger than L grade which is the standard chain. This allowed us to increase the chain length/strength whilst reducing overall weight in the bow)
• Replaced the 13mm gypsy on the windlass with a 10mm gypsy (13mm gypsy is still onboard)
• Steel blue gelcoat (factory) in good condition covered (and therefore protected) with 3M marine wrap, midnight blue
• Underside - Oct 2018 boat was hauled out for 3 weeks. The hull paint was stripped back to base, any blemishes were filled, new epoxy and base was applied with 4 layers of antifoul. • Usual prop speed applied, and anode replaced. • Through hull fittings were replaced and any plastic through hull fittings (above the water line) were replaced with stainless steel.
Hull is monolithic GRP construction with reinforced points at: Keel, rudder, chain plates, hull-deck joint.
A structural monolithic inner molding is bonded and laminated to the hull.
Hull/deck joint is screwed and bonded and surrounded by teak bulwark screwed in position.
Deck is sandwich construction glass fiber, and balsa core w/diamond pattern nonslip to all areas requiring movement on the deck.
Keel is cast iron and bolted and bonded to the hull, with epoxy-based coatings to resist corrosion.
Mooring and Anchoring:
2 bow rollers for anchor storage.
8 aluminum mooring cleats w/ SS protection for deck
1600 w vertical electric windlass w. remote control
SS open bow pulpit with step, 2 SS aft pulpits
SS lifelines connecting bow and stern pulpits with side openings.
Each space in the vessel is fitted with a minimum of one source of air and light, with 2 or more is several places to provide excellent light and ventilation throughout the vessel.
1 large panoramic window plus 2 side windows, 6 full ports, 9 opening hatches, 7 opening ports, 1 companionway hatch.
Weather covered dual steering wheels and grab bars.
• Stainless Steel Arch - Arch custom fabricated for the boat using 2” stainless tubing • Additional stern seats incorporated with teak seat panels
• Davits for dinghy lift with ropes/blocks
• 2 x 200-watt solar panels mounted above arch.
• Sunbrella arch cover
• Mounts for GPS/Antenna
• Black Sunbrella spray hood/dodgers and cockpit covers in excellent condition
• Black Sunbrella winch covers • Black Sunbrella wheel covers
Cockpit has 3 storage lockers, and teak slatted bench seats, and cockpit table with 2 drop leaves.
Cockpit has self-draining floor and access gate to swim platform and ladder.
Hot/cold shower in cockpit
Propane locker with 2 tanks
Anodized aluminum mast and boom with 9/10 fractional rig
in-mast furling for main sail
Electric furling for genoa
Electric genoa winches
Electric winch to port (primary)
Sail area …115.8 m(sq) …
Mainsail … 51.6 m(sq)
Genoa…… 64.2 m(sq)
All running rigging (except topping lift) led aft to cockpit.
- mainsheet traveler on coach roof
Genoa tracks with adjustable cars on Port and Starbd deck
Dinghy/Outboard - Highfield 2.7m ( 9 ft) lightweight dinghy in excellent condition with no patches or repairs - Yamaha 6hp outboard in excellent condition - Outboard Mount fitted at stern.
Marine carpet fitted throughout - Main cabin has a custom made fully sprung double mattress.
liferaft: Crewsaver 4 person liferaft new 2019
- custom made black Sunbrella soft Bimini to fit between arch and dodger
- custom made black Sunbrella bow tent
- deck hatch covers
All personal belongings
Items not specifically mentioned in this listing