Cheoy Lee 150' Custom Marco Polo Displacement
Refits: 2020, 2021 and 2022
This is a well-equipped and well thought out, proven long-distance explorer, QING has benefited from an excellent maintenance program and has just completed a shipyard period including new paint, mechanical services, and a fresh interior, she is ready for her new owner for the season.
QINGis the 2nd hull and largest of the Marco Polo series and was built to Lloyd's Class with a rated steel hull and composite superstructure.
Creating a larger open plan saloon and owner's suite, which features a spa-like luxurious stateroom on the bridge deck, plus an open-air viewing lounge.
- Make Caterpillar
- Model 3512B
- Fuel diesel
- Type Inboard
- Total HP1,911
SYS Yacht Sales is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Northrop & Johnson Yachts-Ships LLC.
- Category Power
- Condition Used
- Hull Material Aluminum
- Make Cheoy Lee
- Model Custom Marco Polo Displacement
- Boat Name QING
- Length Overall 150'
- Model Year 2012
- Beam 29' 7''
- Max Draft 9' 6''
- Fuel Tank1 x 16950|gallon
- Heads 6
- Max Speed 12 kn
- Cruising Speed 10 kn
- Builder Name Cheoy Lee
- Length 150'
- Holding Tank 1 x |
- Fresh Water 1 x 3930|gallon
- Double Berths 3
- Twin Berths 2
- Range 5,753.9 mi
- Maximum Number of Passengers 12
Yachts For Sale walkthrough
1. 10-year Lloyds Class Survey completed (May 2022)
2. Recent refit (2020 & 2021)
3. New 30-ton AC chiller plant
4. Modern and contemporary style
5. Zero-Speed stabilizers
6. 5,000 nautical mile range
7. Full dive setup
8. Concealed tender storage
9. Expansive interior and exterior spaces
10. Completely rebuilt knuckle davit
11. 6000hr rebuild on the main engine
12. 2000hr service on all generators
13. 14. 7yr maintenance & budgetary history
14. Refinished interior flooring on the entire main deck
15. Full paint job 2019
16. Wheelhouse monitors replaced in 2020
17. Full A1 Lloyds classified
QING is a 45-meter Expedition Yacht, the second hull in the Cheoy Lee Marco Polo series, which beckons those seeking luxury adventure and to explore the world's remote regions while being self-sufficient and leaving a low carbon footprint.
Launched in 2012, QING was designed by Ron Holland to merge the proven benefits of the commercial industry, with the amenities and luxury feel of yachting. QING was designed with a single main engine that allows for exceptional efficiency and lower maintenance.
Powered by her single Caterpillar 3512B, QING has a range of 5,000 nautical miles, at 10 knots she only consumes 33 gph/125 lph, and 5,800 nm economical range. A separate Cat C7 Engine powers a 360-degree thrust schottle jet-drive for docking maneuvers and redundancy as secondary propulsion for a get home power. Coupled with a hydraulic stern thruster she is an exceptionally maneuverable vessel. QING ensures unparalleled comfort at anchor and in rough seas, with her at anchor zero speed stabilizers.
QING’s impressive credentials allow for world cruising and have proven her capabilities over and over with the current owner. Having logged over 100,000 nautical miles of successful adventure cruising spending much of her time in Central America, French Polynesia, South East Asia, Fiji, Australia, and Papua New Guinea, even venturing up the Sepik River.
Thoughtfully constructed with 20-millimeter-thick steel at the keel, 12-millimeter steel at the lower sections of the hull, and reducing to 8 millimeters through the waterline up to the bulwarks. In order to capitalize on efficiency, stability, and to achieve as lower GC as possible, the superstructure is completed in fiberglass with carbon fiber strengthening in high-stress areas.
This impressive explorer yacht was built to the highest industry standards, complying with Lloyds Register 100A1 SSC Yacht Mono G6 UMS classification society rules and is MCA compliant.
QING showcases expansive interior and exterior living spaces while remaining under 500 GT. The light-filled interior is enriched by oversized windows to provide impressive views from all areas. Designer Sylvia Bolton created a stunning modern and contemporary interior, adorned with horizontal Macassar ebony paneling and rich walnut floors. The flooring throughout Qing is “floating”, to minimize any transient sound or vibrations from machinery. This soundproofing and vibration control was custom designed specifically for this model by Van Cappellen.
This true explorer vessel offers accommodations for up to nine guests in five en suite staterooms. QING’s master suite is a private retreat located on the bridge deck. The spacious three-room suite features an open and airy lounge, bedroom with a king-size bed, an oversized bathroom with a Jacuzzi bath, and a huge steam shower. The yacht’s additional staterooms include two king VIP staterooms, a twin stateroom, and a single bed convertible gym/stateroom which is ideal as a nanny or pilot cabin.
From the aft deck doors, you enter into a large multifunctional and open saloon, dining, and breakfast area. The salon features formal dining and alfresco breakfast area, this open and airy space overlooks the aft deck and full-service wet bar. The aft windows of the salon/dining area can be fully lower to link the interior to the main deck aft deck.
Aside from being fitted out with top of the line commercial grade equipment, when the galley was being designed great attention was given to how the galley would operate smoothly, whilst offering professional services to the guests. Therefore there are three separate entrances. One exterior access from the port side main deck, for loading provisions, a second access from the formal dining area, to enable seamless dinner service and a third entrance is via the lobby to provide direct access up to the master suite, and down to the crew area.
A large library/cinema room is situated forward of the galley. This inspirational room is straight out of a National Geographic magazine, with oversize windows giving unobstructed views of the horizon, and packed full on world maps and travel guides to help you dream up the next adventure.
QING has been designed with multiple exterior spaces, to provide guests with different experiences. The aft lazarette and wide swim platform are all about water sports, diving, and easy access to the water. Outside dining is possible on the main deck aft, or on the vast sundeck, with built-in sofas and Hi/Lo tables being well-positioned under the protection of the hardtop. The Huge sundeck also encompasses a full-beam sprawling sun pad, for basking in the sun, and a forward seating area for relaxing whilst underway. The aft deck connected to the owner's suite is all about relaxation, with wide-open decks providing perfect views from the Nikki Beach-style sun lounger, with integrated shade.
QING's unique design allows for all the tenders and toys to be concealed out of sight, in watertight tender bays, below deck level on the bow, to ensure safety and security during long passages. If desired, the tenders can also be stored on custom chocks above deck, and the spaces within the tender bays can be utilized for all sorts of toys, jet skis, surfboards, sea bobs etc.
Entering the owner's lounge via the main internal staircase, or from the aft deck, this retreat has a spa-like feel. Finished with Makassar Ebony and complimented by walnut flooring. An elegant and relaxing room also featuring a full-size desk adorned in stitched leather and a large U-shaped sofa two chairs.
A 44" Samsung TV is mounted on a concealed automatic lift and is integrated into the Marantz surround sound system.
The Master bedroom is accessed through double pocket doors offering privacy when needed from the lounge area. Large windows on the port side fill this space with an abundance of natural light, and double hanging closets on the starboard side offering plenty of storage. The bathroom features a Jacuzzi-style bathtub, oversized shower with a steam generator, and full body massage showerheads.
Lower guest staterooms
Port foreword and aft staterooms have King Size beds, starboard forward stateroom features twin berths.
All staterooms are filled with plenty of natural light through two large portlights and finished in light oak cabinetry with polished stainless steel hardware.
The A/V system consists of 32" Samsung TV’s, Marantz surround sound receiver.
All en suite bathrooms are complete with marble floors and countertops, large showers with Hansgrohe fixtures that operate six body jet and rain shower overhead.
Gym / Spare Guest / Staff Cabin
This cabin is currently configured as a gym/office and features a single nanny or pilot berth and en suite bathroom. Should the new owner wish to convert this to a fifth guest stateroom, there is plenty of room to do so.
The gym is equipped with a Cybex Elliptical treadmill machine and a variety of free weights complete this functional & multipurpose room. .
The lounge is set up with U shaped dining area with seating all crew. This area is also equipped with a sink, refrigerator, dishwasher, and microwave.
A 52" Samsung TV combined with Marantz surround sound receiver, is centrally located in this crew area. There is a 21" Sharp CCTV security monitor for watching over the decks.
Four portlights bring lots of natural light in this area. A forward ladder leads up to the foredeck, giving the crew direct outdoor access and space isolated from guests.
Located in the aft section of the crew's quarters. All newer equipment includes:
(2) Miele Professional Series washers
(2) Miele Professional Series dryers
(1) Miele Allerwash washer for delicates
Captain (double size bed) located on the main deck forward of the starboard side guest entrance with private head.
Double engineers cabin located aft in the lazarette area, and next to the engine room, with private en suite bathroom. In the crew area, one single cabin and one double cabin share a bathroom, and two triple cabins are located forward, with private en suite bathrooms.
All of the cabins have plenty of natural light through large portlights, each cabin has the Alphatron intercom system which is connected directly to the bridge. The cabins have Clarion stereos with CD player and two JBL speakers.
- Built by Cheoy Lee (Hin Lee Zhuhai Shipyard Co Ltd), Yard No. 196
- Grade "A" welded steel hull and main deck
- Molded fiberglass superstructure
- Integral fuel, lube oil, potable water, gray water, and black water tanks
- Floating interior floors
- Pacific Coast Marine watertight doors and hatches
- Imron MS 600 hull and MS 600 superstructure, MS001 clear coat on the hull
- Speed: 10/12 knots (approx)
- Range: 5,000 nm @ 10 knots, 5,800 nm economical range
- Fuel capacity: 16,950 US Gallons (64,162 Litres)
- Water capacity: 3,930 US Gallons (14,876 Litres)
- Greywater capacity: 690 US Gallons (2,611 Litres)
- Fuel consumption: 33 gph (125 lph) @ 10 knots
- Engines: 1 x CAT 1,911HP. Model: Single Caterpillar 3512B
- Engine hours: 9,815 Hrs. (September 1, 2021)
- Gearboxes: ZF transmission 7540 NR
- Steering: Kobelt steering powered by 2x hydraulic pumps.
- Schottel: SCP 0554XG Schottel Variable pitch prop, 4-blade, 1.8m dia.
- 3 x Northern Lights, 90kW, 50 Hz. Panda 20 kW backup diesel generator
- Gen #1; Hours as of Sept 1, 2021: 12,094 hrs., major overhaul (Feb 2019) completed incl. rear seal, full rebuild, new turbo, internal cleaning, and paint.
- Gen #2 - Hours as of Sept 1, 2021: 12,084 hrs., major overhaul (Feb 2019), full rebuild, new turbo, internal cleaning, and paint
- Gen #3 - Hours as of Sept 1, 2021: 12,222 hrs., major overhaul (Feb 2019), full rebuild, new turbo, internal cleaning, and paint.
- Schottel bow thruster, SPJ57 Pumpjet, driven by 315hp CAT C7, with separate engine room and redundant systems
- Naiad 24 hydraulic stern thruster, 75 kW
- Naiad 820 zero speed stabilizer system (System overhauled June 2020)
- 3 x hydraulic generator PTO's and main engine driven PTO
- Hamann Mini L sewage treatment system
- Headhunter Aero Flush toilets and bidets, freshwater flush
- 2 x 3hp air compressors, Airtek TA-65 and 50L receiver tank
- Kaiser air dryer
- Delta-T ventilation system for the main and auxiliary engine rooms
- Exterior air intake system with demister grills
- 2 x Grundfos 1.5 kW freshwater pumps with pressure switch
- Hot water circulating systems, with 2x hot water pumps
- HEM 15,000 LPD reverse osmosis watermaker
- Horizon Seafari 6,800 LPD
- ITIM monitoring system with low-level alarms and high/low-level alarm on day tank.
- ASEA shore power, 125 kVA, with 2x frequency converters
- 2 x 480v AC 3-phase, 100 amp, shore power connections
- Glendinning cable master 24v, 140' cord
- Marine Air chilled water air conditioning with variable frequency drive control.
- Brand new Domitec 30 ton chilled water plants and pumps June 2020.
- Hatco GRAIH36 infra-red food warmer
- Dumbwaiter to service pilothouse and sky deck from the galley
- Hobart FX Marine dishwasher
- MKN 1221135A electric griddle plate
- Marzocco coffee machine
- MKN infrared grill
- MKN 1223103 electric induction range
- Rational SCC61 Combi Oven
- Halton KVI/M extractor hood with fixed AFFF wet chemical fire suppression system
- Miele G7856 dishwasher
- Hoshizaki HR-120S 4-door upright chiller
- Hoshizaki HRF-120SF3 4-door upright chiller/freezer
- Hoshizaki HR63S 2-door upright chiller
- New Hoshizaki IM-45NE
- ISE 8251 trash compactor
- Panasonic NN-ST557N stainless finish microwave oven
- Miele K855ID built-in fridge
- Miele G7856 dishwasher
- 2 x Miele T6185 tumble dryers
- 1 x Miele W3844 WPS allerwash
- 1 x Miele PW6080 New in Sept 2021
- 1 x Miele PW6065
- Williams H5UC refrigerator
- Vitec VL-V40SG wine cooler
- Sailor 6018 message terminal GMDSS System
- Inmarsat fleet broadband system, Fleet One
- Intercom/Loudhailer, Phone tech
- Spaun, CAS distribution system
- Satellite TV system, 4004 Seatel
- KVH V11 VSAT with full WiFi controlled by Kerio system, and ruckus wireless access point.
- Primary Radar, JMA5322/7 JRC
- Instrumentation, NMEA2000, Maretron
- Secondary radar, JMA5312/6 JRC
- Navigation Software & Hardware, Simrad NSO evo2 as back up under transas
- GPS System, NWZ4570, JRC
- Electronic chart system
- NAVI Sailor 4000 Transas
- DGPS System, NWZ4570, JRC
- 2 x NMEA Distribution, Alphatron
- Autopilot System, Pilotstar D, Anschutz N960
- Gyrocompass System, Alpha MiniCourse, Alphatron
- Echo Sounder, JFE-380/200 JRC
- GPS compass JLR-30 JRC
- Samsung Smart TV, 42" (Captain’s Cabin)
- Samsung UA40C6900VM LED TV 40"(Owner’s Lounge)
- 4 x Samsung UA32C6900VM LED TV 32" (Guest Staterooms)
- Samsung 52" smart TV (Crew Lounge)
- Samsung UA26C4000PM LED TV 26" (Gym)
Salon, Dining, and Aft Deck:
- Harman/Kardon DVD player
- 2 x Harman/Kardon stereo amplifiers
- Harman/Kardon integrated amplifier
- 8 x JBL ceiling mount speakers
- 4 x JBL waterproof ceiling speakers
- Marantz wireless iPod dock
- Harman/Kardon DVD player
- Harman/Kardon AC-3/DTS AV receiver
- 7 x JBL speakers
- JBL 12" subwoofer
- Marantz wireless iPod dock
- IPAD Controlled Systems
- Harman/Kardon DVD player
- Harman/Kardon AC-3/DTS AV receiver
- Harman/Kardon expansion hub for Multi-zone control
- 2 x Harman/Kardon stereo amplifier
- Harman/Kardon in-wall zone control module
- JBL 5.1 speaker with 10” sub-woofer
- Marantz wireless iPod dock
- Pop-up TV mechanism
- IPAD Controlled Systems
- Rockford PMX Bluetooth Stereo
- 8 x JBL waterproof ceiling speakers
- 2 x JBL amplifiers
Guest Staterooms, Crew Lounge, and Gym:
- 5 x JBL 5.1 speakers with 10” sub-woofer
- 5 x Harman/Kardon DVD/CD
- 6 x Sony CD players with tuner
- 12 x JBL ceiling mount speakers
Tenders are stored foredeck:
- Nautica tender with fold-down bow door, Yamaha 250hp outboard
- 1 x Sea bob
- 1 x Jetski
- 12ft. Novurania rescue tender with 25hp Yamaha outboard - New in Sept 2021
- Nautical Structures knuckle-type crane on foredeck, 2500 kg capacity, 8.5m reach
- 2 x Maxwell VC6000 hydraulic-driven aft deck capstans with footswitches
- Recessed wells with Opacmare hydraulic opening hatch covers, jet skis stored in port well
- Opacmare hydraulic passerelle
- 2 x vertical Maxwell SY22 hydraulic windlasses
- Opacmare hydraulic side boarding ladder integrated into the bulwark
- Anchor chain, 22mm high test galvanized stud link, 1x5 shackles, and 1x7 shackles
- Opacmare hydraulic transom door
- Fixed high capacity nozzles for chain wash system
- Electric sunshades for owners aft deck and main aft deck
- 2 x galvanized steel HHP ray type anchors, 400 kg each
- Fortress FX125 model stern anchor
- 2 x deck fridges, sink on the sundeck with BBQ.
- New paint
- Hull blast and recoat.
- All engines & other mechanicals serviced
- Interior refreshed
- Fresh water tanks blasted and recoated
- Stabilizers overhaul
- New AC chiller system
- New head-liners in Master Suite, Bridge, and main deck guest areas
- Significant planned maintenance shipyard period
- Re-finished floors in bridge deck including owners stateroom.
- Upgraded shelving in the galley
- New refrigerator on owner's deck
- New fridge in the crew mess
- Painted bilge spaces
- Inventory of all engineering spares using IDEA and barcode scanner system
- Fwd Engine service, heat exchanger service
- Complete rebuild of Schottel Pumpjet
- Complete rebuild of Naiad stabilizers
- Complete rebuild of Variable Pitch Propellor system, stern tube bushings, shaft bearings, and seals
- Vulkan main engine to transmission coupling replaced
- Rudder bearings and seals replaced
- Main engine mounts replaced
- Full engine alignment
- Generator and main engine PTOS rebuilt
- Replacement of all through-hull and major equipment valves (56 in total)
- Refinish black and grey water tanks
- Inspect fuel tanks and FW tanks
- All major pumps rebuilt
- Full hull and superstructure polish, and ceramic coat on the hull
- All teak decks sanded back
- 2 New 12 man life rafts
- New Auxiliary fire pump
- Completed with no deficiencies 10 year Special Lloyds survey
- New flooring, workbench, and shelving/cupboards in Aft Lazarette
- First aid kits
- 4 x lifebuoys with lights
- Seafire FM200 fixed fire-fighting system with emergency shut-off signal to engine ECM
- 2 x Comet light and smoke signals (MOB)
- Unitor integrated fire detection alarm system, in machinery spaces and accommodation
- Automatic low-pressure fire sprinkler system throughout
- 12 x Comet parachute signal rocket, red
- Kahlenberg 4-trumpet chrome-plated air horn
- 6 x SOLAS, child lifejackets with lights
- ACR-RCL 100D is stern searchlight used for towing and ACR RCL 600D searchlights
- 44 x SOLAS, adult lifejackets with lights
- FLIR M400 thermal imaging camera system
- 4 x Comet line throwing devices, single shot with 250m line
- CCTV system
- Viking 10-man and 4 x 12-man Zodiac life rafts
- 6 x CO2 fire extinguishers
- Rescue tender, SOLAS (with new Engine)
- 26 x dry powder fire extinguishers
- EPIRB, G5 automatic, McMurdo
- Fire blanket
- SART, S4, McMurdo
- 16 x foam fire extinguishers
The 2nd hull of the Marco Polo series designed by Ron Holland, QING is slightly larger than her sister ship and was built to Lloyd's with a steel hull and composite superstructure. She is powered by a single Caterpillar 3512B with a range of 5,000 nautical miles, and at 10 knots she consumes only 33 gph/125 lph. QING has an easily driven deep hull shape, stabilizers, and a CAT C7 driven bow thruster for secondary propulsion and get home power, as well as providing exceptional maneuverability when docking aided by her stern thruster, again from the commercial ship's side.
QING offers tremendous interior living space while remaining under 500 GT. She accommodates 9 owners/guests with a 3-room Master suite and open-air lounge aft of the bridge on the bridge deck. On the lower deck is a VIP cabin, a double, a twin, and the Gym, which features a built-in daybed and is able to convert to a nanny cabin.
There are accommodations for 10 - 12 Crew with a Captain's cabin on the main deck forward, to starboard of the Cinema room/Library.
Well equipped, well thought out and proven long-distance explorer, QING has benefited from an excellent maintenance program and has just completed a shipyard period including new paint, mechanicals serviced, and a fresh interior - she is ready for her new owner for the season.
- Boston Whaler not included in the sale.
- A complete list of exclusions is available upon request.