Southerly 58' 2'' 57 RS
Southerly Yachts are famous for their high quality Blue Water Cruisers, with genuine raised saloons and lifting keels allowing you access to places other yachts simply can't get to. With a full refit completed in 2022, the 2012 launched 57 RS 'Premium 1' is ready to head off on new cruising adventures.
The winner of Sail Magazine's 2011 Best Boat- Flagship Monohull, the Southerly 57RS was penned by Ed Dubois, and reflects his extensive background in Superyacht design. From her laid teak decks to her light and airy raised saloon, every part of this yacht has been thought through and built to the highest quality standard, with design and finishes that will continue to impress long into the future.
Designed to be comfortably sailed anywhere by a couple, the Southerly 57's Leisurefurl boom and Selden hydraulic furlers mean one person can make short work of raising or reducing sail without leaving the cockpit. Her tried and tested sail plan, twin rudders, deep lifting keel, powerful engine and large fuel capacity makes crossing oceans a reality. Once you arrive, the hydraulic keel lifts from 3.3 to 1.1 metres so you can get into the most private of anchorages. Launch the tender from the electric davits, open the swim platform to get the toys out of the garage, and you're all set to relax.
Delivered new to Australia in June 2012, she has been rewired, re rigged and has had all new electronics, upholstery and covers fitted in 2022.
Recently refitted for her second owner, a change of circumstance means she has come on the market, ready for a someone new to take her to their dream destinations.
The Southerly 57RS is a truly remarkable vessel, with a build quality reminiscent of a super yacht, and everything you need to sail anywhere on the planet.
Listed exclusively through Flagstaff Marine, she is available for viewing on Pittwater. Contact Flagstaff Marine for further information on 1300 998 662, or visit flagstaffmarine.com.au
- Make Volkswagen
- Model TDI 140-5BW
- Fuel diesel
- Total HP190.35
- Total Hours 840
SYS Yacht Sales is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Flagstaff Marine.
- Category Sail
- Condition Used
- Hull Material Fiberglass
- Make Southerly
- Model 57 RS
- Boat Name Premium 1
- Length Overall 190' 10''
- Model Year 2012
- Beam 17' 1''
- Dry Weight 55'
- Fuel Tank1 x 220|gallon
- Heads 2
- Builder Name North Shore Yachts UK
- Length 58' 2''
- Length at WaterLine 166' 3''
- Fresh Water 1 x 220|gallon
- Double Berths 3
- Displacement 51,099 lb
- Ballast Weight 11,720 lb
- Boat Keel Lifting Keel
- Stock Number Southerly 57
- Drive Up 11' 6''
- Drive Type Direct
Southerly 57RSListed Exclusively by Flagstaff Marine.
Working Sail Area : 990.00 sq ft
Superyacht designers, Dubois Naval Architects have been commissioned to work alongside Northshore’s design team, to create the new flagship of the Southerly range. Innovative design, powerful sailing performance, superior build quality and luxurious accommodation are all hallmarks of the New Southerly 57RS. This ultimate blue water cruiser offers the very best in cruising yacht design.
The hull is characterised by a long waterline, fine entry and beam carried aft to ensure the highest degree of performance, comfort, stability and safety. The beautifully stylish lines of the coachroof exudes sophistication and elegance, normally only seen on much larger yachts.
The New Southerly 57RS is primarily designed for easy handling, and can be sailed by just two people. The tall powerful rig with swept back spreaders will keep the yacht sailing fast in all weather conditions, with minimum effort. The double headsail is suitable for most wind conditions and sailing environments; the self tacking jib allows you to sail easily on short tacks without any effort - ideal for coastal cruising.
The overlapping genoa enhances upwind performance in light airs, and together, the double headsail is perfect for down wind trade wind sailing. An asymmetric gennaker, for off wind sailing, can be flown from a hydraulic retractable carbon bowsprit. Combined with the benefits of the unique Swing Keel, deep draft performance and shallow draft freedom, the New Southerly 57RS is in a class of its own.
Attention to detail, ensures the design is well founded and of a pedigree that derives from being born in the traditions of yacht design. Every corner, junction and unused volume is re-worked and re-engineered until the most efficient and aesthetically pleasing solution is found. The interior style is traditional in its practicality but with contemporary, fresh touches in appearance. The overriding impression is of light and space with connection between inside and out through extensive windows both to the sides and forward, affording commanding views when relaxing in the raised saloon seating.
Interior layout options for three or four cabins, including garaging for a Williams Turbojet 285 can be chosen. The Southerly 57RS is built in excess of LLOYDS and conforms to CE category A.
- Aft cockpit
- Self draining
- Cockpit table with folding leaves
- Recessed sprayhood trough in coachroof
- Access aft for boarding from transom
- Fold down transom door with large stowage area
- Telescopic stern boarding ladder
- Two lazarette lockers port and starboard
- Escape hatch from aft cabins
- Gas bottle storage in side deck locker to starboard, additional stowage to port
- Perspex main hatch with washboard
- Instrument panels at helm
- Two winch handle pockets
- Twin steering position
- Four safety harness eyes
- Access to steering gear
- Optional bimini/arch at additional cost
- Raised seating for eight people
- Excellent vision
- Further seating to starboard
- Six opening hatches with roller screens
- Ventilation (fixed and closeable)
- Concertina blinds to pilot house windows at additional cost
MASTER AFT STATEROOM
- Large double centreline berth
- Large hanging locker
- Hull portlights
- Central escape hatch with roller screen
- Opening ports to cockpit
- Seating to starboard
- Desk/seat to port
- Door to ensuite facilities
- Marine w.c.
- Washbasin with Corian type surround
- Hot and cold pressurised water
- Separate shower with hinged door
- Grating to shower tray
- Glass holder
- Opening portlight
- Hull portlight
DC ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- 24 volt system
- 24v -12V converterto provide 12v
- 400Ah battery bank (SlimlineAGM batteries) )
- Isolating switches for all battery banks
- Circuit breakers on main panel
- Additional 24v 80 amp heavy duty alternator with external regulator
- MastervoltAlpha Pro regulator
- Mastervolt Battery monitor
- Can Bus type distribution system
- Battery charger 24v /75 amp
- Dedicated Battery charger 12v /15 amp for engine /generator start battery
- Cabin lighting throughout
- Reading lights over bunks
- Chart light over navigation table
- Full navigation light system incorporporating bow lights, stern light,masthead tri-colour light with all round white anchor light, deck flood light and steaming light
- Independant 12v system at additional cost
AC ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- 240v ring main with double outlet socket to each cabin
- Shore power inlet 240v - 16 amp
- 240v hot air heating system
- 240v generator option at additional cost
- 240v inverter system option at additional cost
- Reverse cycle air conditioning at additional cost
- Twin stainless steel sinks
- Corian type worktop, available in a choice of colours
- Pressurised hot and cold water
- Stainless steel grab rail
- Front loading 200 litre refrigerator
- Top loading 105 litre freezer
- Fully gimballed gas cooker with four burners, grill and oven (fail-safe devices on all burners)
- Gas cut off tap
- Ample storage for crockery and cutlery
- Opening hatch with roller screen
- Hull portlight
- Volswagen TD: 140-5BW140 hp (111kW) 5 cylinder, fresh water cooled diesel engine
- Reduction/reverse gear
- 120 amp alternator
- Stern tube with water lubricated stern gland
- Stainless steel propeller shaft
- Bronze three bladed propeller
- Two fuel tanks - capacity 1491 litres/327 gallons, with sediment trap and line filter
- Bronze water inlet with removable filter gauze strainer and inspection hatch
- 24 volt electric ventilator
- Sound deadening to engine box
- Fuel filter system
- 12v dedicated engine battery
- IvoryWhite gel coat
- Red & Oxford Blue boot top & style line
- Northshore's patented Nordseal anti-osmosis system
- Clear gel coat below the waterline
- Two coats of antifoul
- Cleats forward, aft and midships
- Foredeck sail locker with flush hatch
- Electric windlass with control head and chain counter
- Teak laid decking to ring decks
- Teak double seats to pushpit
- Stainless steel pulpit incorporating navigation light brackets
- Stainless steel stanchions and guardwires with gates port and starboard
- Stainless steel pushpit incorporating stern gate, navigation light bracket and ensign socket
- Fuel and water deck fillers
- Self tacking foresail track with sheet to cockpit
- Turning blocks for running rigging
- Rope clutches at companionway, for running rigging
- Two Lewmar 54AST mainsheet winches
- Two Lewmar 48AST halyard winches
- Two Lewmar 68AST genoa sheet winches
- Grab handles on either side of coachroof
- Recessed trough for sprayhood
- 25kg Delta anchor
- 60 metres of chain
- Optional passerelle at additional cost
- Four fire extinguishers
- One fire blanket
- Raymarine annalogue wind display and tri-data at twin helm stations
- Raymarine multi graphic display at chart table
- VHF radio with handset and speaker
- Raystar 125 satellite differential mounted to coachroof
- Raymarine C90Whigh performance display at chart table
- Dacron sails
- Fully battened mainsail
- Upgrade to laminate sails at additional cost
- UV protection strip to foresails
- Optional asymmetric gennaker and removable or retractable bowsprit at additional cost