Sabre 40' 10'' 42 Salon Express
Model: Salon Express
Length: 42 ft
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Drive Type: Pod Drive
Beam: 14 ft.
Fuel Type: Diesel
Max Draft: 3 ft. 4 in
This clean, low hour (325 hours) 42 will make the cruising family a great boat. Unique in the 42 SE market, this vessel offers a Freedom Lift and a 10' AB Center console which provides additional options and enjoyment while cruising. She is attractive, clean, offers low hours and lots of equipment including a grill, inverter, SAT TV, full electronics package and more.
Information & Features
Cummins QSB5.9 (Engine 1) 315 Hours
Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Pod Drive
Power: 380 hp
Cummins QSB5.9 (Engine 2) 315 Hours
Fuel Type: Diesel
Power: 380 hp
LOA: 40 ft 10 in
Beam: 14 ft
Max Draft: 3 ft 4 in
Deadrise At Transom: 16 °
Weight Displacement: 26,000 lb
Tanks Fuel: 380 gal
Fresh Water:140 gal
Holding: 60 gal
The luxurious accommodations of this yacht will make you feel right at home. From her cherry interiors and elegant details to her strategic lighting and spacious layout, the Sabre 42 has been designed to meet and exceed your expectations. The forward Master Stateroom sleeps two comfortably in a low island berth. Many drawers, cabinets, and a cedar lined hanging locker provide ample storage for all ones necessary belongings.
The fully equipped head is accessible from the Master Cabin as well as to the guest cabin and is located to starboard. Her head includes Corian counter tops, stainless steel fixtures, and is very elegant in design. The shower is circular and offers extra elbow room as well as air conditioning and ventilation systems.
To starboard side cabin there is a convertible dinette table that converts to a generous double berth with storage underneath. Her mid galley to port across from the helm and dinette offers the best of both worlds: still part of the social activities of the salon yet out of the way of traffic flow. This location gives the cook the advantage of extra storage space beneath the galley sole while staying in full view of the outdoor scenery. The galley is half up and half down; no more discussions about galley up or down. It offers the best of both.
The entire salon aft of the galley is filled with light and air from the large windows. Whether sitting at the L-settee, love seat, or the Stidd helm seats, everyone on board can enjoy the view. Aft of the helm seats is a narrow end table that houses a rising and retracting LED television that is operable at the touch of a button. An oval inlaid dining table is positioned in the L shaped settee and can be raised and lowered for dining or cocktails.
- (2) Stidd seats w/Ultraleather (Brisa Distressed Manilla) and contrast piping "Bronze"
- Ultraleather Upholstery throughout Salon
- Accord shades on all opening ports
- Ocean Air shades "Pebbles Ivory"
- 24" flat screen TV and DVD
- Large windows
- Sliding overhead pilot hatches
- Helm door to starboard
- Custom salon table (18"x34") fixed and lowers to berth height; forward 12" end of settee pulls out to fill in remainder of berth with filler cushion;
- Love seat to starboard
- Cherry interior woodwork throughout
- Mid-Level Galley
- Custom Corian countertops in "Sahara"
- Extra storage under galley sole
- Stainless steel designer sink
- Convection microwave oven
- Two burner ceramic cooktop
- Two Vitrifrigo stainless steel fridge drawers
- Separate freezer drawer unit forward
- Single Seagull water purifier on galley cold water
- Low spacious island berth with custom mattress
- Cherry hull ceilings
- Upper enclosed shelves w/storage behind with louvered doors
- Two drawers under berth
- Overhead hatch
- Large cedar-lined hanging locker to port w/louvered door/shelf/hanger pole
- Opening stainless port lights
- Starboard main bulkhead with 19' Flat Screen TV & DVD player
- Two drawers in bureau w/locker w/shelf above & single louvered door
- Custom Corian countertop in "Rain Cloud"
- Cherry towel bars (upper and lower) on head door
Dinette with Convertible Berth
- Double berth converts into dinette
- Widened opening between galley and 2nd cabin w/privacy curtain
- Overhead hatch with translucent lens
- Custom Cedar-lined hanging locker, made deeper by removing standard bureau
- Accord shades on all opening stainless steel ports
- Teak & Holly sole
- Cherry hull ceilings
- Night stand w/drawers below
- Courtesy lights, cool LED lights, reading light
- Mirror in upper and lower section of head door (on inside of the door)
- Cherry towel bars on head door upper & lower
- Fresh water flush MSD
- Corian countertop with stainless steel sink
- Circular separate stall shower with surround enclosure
- Adjustable mirror above sink
- Ventilation blower
- Storage lockers
- Hot & cold pressure water w/electric shower sump pump
- Fusion 700 Marine stereo iPod dock w/4 speakers & remote
- (2) 12" Garmin Displays
- 24" Garmin HD Digital Radar dome, interfaced with ships autopilot, VHF, depth
- Satellite TV with 2 receivers
- Cummins Marine Diesel helm, w/Joystick & Skyhook feature
- Cummins DTS single lever electronic controls w/Smart Craft display
- Trim tabs integrated in SMD Zeus pod drives
- Autopilot integrated in CMD Zeus System
Hull & Exterior
- Flag Blue hull with Sport White Gel Coat
- Sabre White deck with beige anti-skid (factory upgrade)
- FRP Molded Electronics Mast for Hard Top (factory upgrade)
- Modified Deep V planning hull design, with shallow pod drive tunnels
- Bottom, topsides, and transom vacuum infused biaxial E glass with Airex C70 foam core.
- Molded E glass swim platform with molded in anti skid surface.
- Hull side rubbing strakes
- Stringer system Biaxial E glass with foam core.
- Bulkheads vacuum bagged biaxial E glass with polypropylene honeycomb core
- PVC rub rail with stainless steel cap
- Freedom Hydraulic Tender Lift
The cockpit is safe and secure thanks to high cockpit sides and the use of an aggressive anti-skid pattern molded into all walking surfaces. A substantial bow roller and deep lockers offer excellent ground tackle and fender storage. The cockpit is large and comfortable and offers fixed seating and a folding table which is the perfect place to relax.
- Fiberglass Cabinet includes Electric Grill with hinged top
- Cockpit seating fabric in Sunbrella "Redone 2019"
- Outward swinging transom door
- Fold over table in cockpit with cover
- 1&1/4" Diameter stainless steel rail system
- (6) 12" stainless steel cleats
- Fiberglass bow pulpit with dual anchor roller
- Custom Canvas covers (windshield, cockpit table, seating and 2 flag staff covers)
- Custom removable & storable cockpit sunshade
- Hot and cold transom shower
- Salt water wash down, fore and aft
- Fresh water wash down, forward
The Cummings Zeus system on this boat offer a unique power package. Fuel efficiency is improved, noise levels are down, and maneuverability is unsurpassed. The 42 is quick to accelerate, is easy to turn, and feels more like a sport boat than a 26,000 cruising vessel. Docking is simple with the joy stick control and the skyhook feature makes waiting for bridges or single handling easier than ever. This is truly an exciting technology which is the future of boating.
- Twin Cummins QSB 5.9 380 HP electronic fresh water cooled engines
- Twin CMD Zeus 3500 pod drives with integrated steering and trim tabs
- Cummins DTS Single lever electronic controls
- Cummins Smart Craft display for engine data, vessel data and alarms
- 120A, 12 volt alternators (each engine)
- (2) Exhaust by-pass mufflers
- Reverso oil change system
- Fresh water wash down forward
- Saltwater water wash down forward & aft
- Shore water inlet
- Seagull water purifier
- Hot & Cold transom shower
- Racor fuel filters with water in fuel probes
- Triple windshield wipers with washers
- Ritchie Compass
- CMD helm with Joystick control
- Auto pilot integrated with CD Zeus system
- GPS receiver included
- Skyhook GPS position hold system
- Engine Room blower and vent ducts
- Engine Room floor with FRP anti-skid
- White gel coated engine room
- Mylar face foam noise barrier insulation
- (3) Dimmer switches located in main salon, master stateroom and dinette/guest stateroom
- Invertor charger 2800 watt with remote
- 12 Volt / 120 VAC Electrical System
- 120A, 12 volt alternators (for each engine)
- Two AGM Group 31 dedicated engine start batteries
- Two AGM 4D deep cycle ship's service batteries
- One AGM Group 24 generator start battery
- Onan 9.0 kw generator including water lift muffler, cooling water intake strainer, sound shield.
- 50 ft shore power cord 220 v/50 A w/cord reel
- All galley and head receptacles are GFI protected.
- 50 amp 3 bank battery charger
- Reverse cycle heat/air conditioning in 3 zones
- Fail safe galvanic isolator
- AB Console Inflatable Tender, Model VSX 10' Rigid Hull (Gray)
- 2019 20hp Mercury, Electric Start.
- Custom Fitted Storage Cover
- Remote rope and electric start
- 3-Blade aluminum propeller
- Length: 10' 6", Beam: 5' 7", Weight: 262 lbs, Tube Diam: 17"
- 4- Person capacity, 6 gallon plastic fuel tank
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Call Direct to: Oakley (Oak) Gentry 631*495*0811
- Make Cummins
- Fuel diesel
- Type Inboard
- Total HP760
SYS Yacht Sales is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by White Water Marine.
- Category Power
- Condition Used
- Hull Material Fiberglass
- Make Sabre
- Model 42 Salon Express
- Length Overall 40' 10''
- Model Year 2013
- Beam 14'
- Max Draft 3' 4''
- Dry Weight 26'
- Fuel Tank1 x 380|gallon
- Cabins 6.5 ft
- Heads 1
- Single Berths 6
- Length 40' 10''
- Holding Tank 1 x 60|gallon
- Fresh Water 1 x 140|gallon
- Deadrise 16 °
- Bridge Clearance 12.5 ft
At Sabre Yachts our goal has always been to fulfill the dreams and wishes of our boat owners by listening carefully to their requests and blending their ideas into exciting designs. We consider our owners and potential owners to be valued members of the Sabre Design Team. The Sabre 42 is the result of our observation that our clients want to enjoy the same levels of personal luxury and comfort that they have come to expect in their homes and in their automobiles. To that end we have developed a style of sedan, available with or without fly bridge, that permits boaters to operate from the comfort of the yacht's interior or from the openness of an optional fly bridge. Technology is advancing rapidly and our owners have come to expect that if there is a new technology available, we will employ it in our designs. We have dramatically changed the way we build our yachts and the way in which they are propelled. Traditional values such as fine craftsmanship and great looks remain, as our owners have come to expect, but below the surface things are state-of-the-art.In our fiberglass shop we have changed infusion molding. It is greener in the sense that it uses considerably less resin and cleaner in that the emissions levels are much lower. It's lighter because we use less resin and that allows the hull to run faster and use less fuel. Infusion differs from traditional hand lay-up in that all materials are loaded dry into the mold in a stack, the stack is then covered with a plastic bag and resin is infused into the stack. This creates a stronger part with higher glass to resin ratios. With Zeus Pod everything has changed and nothing remains the same. The smaller engines using vectored thrust propel the boat at higher speeds using less fuel. And when maneuvering in tight spaces a joy stick makes child's play of docking.