The Morris 34 is in every respect a sailor’s sailboat. Brilliantly designed by Chuck Paine and beautifully built by Morris Yachts, it is a combination of advanced engineering and exceptional craftsmanship. The result of its moderate displacement, solid hull, true fin keel, very low center of gravity as well as balanced rig and modern sailcloth is a bluewater performance cruiser that, despite all its luxurious appointments, flies both upwind and down.
HEYDAY is hull #1 of this wonderful design and also the winner of 1999 Cruising World’s Best Midsize Cruiser and Best Boat Overall prizes. She has been kept in impeccable condition by her current owner who has continued to improve her with recent upgrades including a brand new engine, recent sails, new head and new 12v refrigeration. She is in the water and ready to go sailing.
- Solid hand laid fiberglass hull with Vinylester resin.
- Cored decks with solid fiberglass in areas of fittings and thru-bolted hardware.
- Deck is thru-bolted and glued to a wide hull flange.
- Extra reinforced fiberglass in longitudinal stringers, keel, and mast step areas.
- Fin keel.
- Skeg hung rudder with aperture.
- White gelcoated decks with tan gelcoated non-skid. (non-skid repainted 2015)
- Varnished teak coaming caps, eyebrows, dorade boxes, and toe rails.
- Fiberglass seahood protects companionway varnished teak and lexan sliding hatch.
- Ventilation from overhead dorade vents in Galley and Nav area.
- Custom bow and stern pulpits and double life lines with gates (port and starboard).
- Dodger and frame with grabrails. (New 2012)
- Removable sun covers for dodger eisenglass panels
- Bimini and connector. (New 2012)
- Polished stainless steel custom anchor roller with bow chocks and extra foredeck cleats.
- Varnished rub rails with polished stainless steel 1/2 oval.
- Optional custom cast mid-ship cleats/chocks lead into toe rails.
- Custom bug screens for hatches and companionway.
- Custom stainless steel grab rails on cabin top.
- Day/Night solar vent for head an daft cockpit lockers.
- Bulkhead mounted compass.
- Folding deck pad eyes for jack lines.
- Ensign socket in stern rail.
- Edson outboard motor mount on stern rail
- Nine opening Hood stainless steel portlights.
- Two large Bomar overhead hatches.
- A large T shaped cockpit with ergonomically angled coamings and cabin back.
- Stainless trimmed winch pockets in coamings
- Large opening water tight hatches with gutters and latches provide access to sail locker and lazerette storage.
- Cockpit cushions
- Bulkhead mounted compass to port of companionway and displays for autopilot and instruments and chartplotter to starboard are easy to see and reach.
- Her tiller steering, with extension, makes single-handing easy and provides extra room in the cockpit for entertaining and relaxing when not underway.
- Protection from elements from dodger and bimini with connector
- Sun covers for companionway, teak coaming cap and tiller
HEYDAY is finished in the traditional Herreshoff style with white bulkheads and varnished mahogany trim. The overhead is finished in removable white panels with mahogany trim, creating a bright, open feel below. The cabin sole is a satin finished solid teak and the hull sides (where exposed) are finished with varnished mahogany sheathing. Lockers throughout the boat provide excellent storage and are ventilated either with caning or ventilation cutouts. Two large overhead hatches and nine stainless opening portlights provide abundant natural light and ventilation and two dorados and a solar vent provide additional ventilation when the hatches are closed. 12v lighting is thoughtfully placed throughout the boat for overall and task lighting. Her reverse cycle air conditioning (at the dock) as well as diesel-fired Espar heater make her interior cozy in any weather
The layout below starting forward includes a cabin with a v-berth (with filler). Aft of the forward cabin is a full width head. Smart placement provides extra privacy to both sleeping areas as well as direct access to it from both. Aft of the head is the main salon, which features full length settees on both sides with lockers. The port settee pulls out to convert to a double berth and a beautifully crafted mahogany table is mounted to the bulkhead and folds up when not in use to provide additional space. Aft of the settees on the port is a well-equipped, U-shaped galley. Opposite the galley to starboard is the nav station and the ships electrical panels. Aft of the nav station is a single quarterberth. The engine is accessed through a removable step under the companionway and the enclosure around the front of the engine is removable, providing excellent access to the new engine.
- Comfortable v-berth converts to double with insert
- Access to chain locker through removable door in forward bulkhead
- Three opening ports provide light and ventilation
- Navy blue Unltrasuede upholstered berth cushions
- Stainless steel sink in counter to starboard with pull out faucet for shower
- Manual backup foot pump for fresh water
- Storage in lockers outboard and under sink
- New electric fresh water head to port with hanging locker outboard
- Oval framed doors to forward head and main saloon
- 12v fan provides additional ventilation in addition to two opening ports and solar vent fan
- Overhead mahogany handrails run the full length to provide secure hand holds underway
- Settees upholstered with navy blue UltraSuede with lockers outboard on each end and a bookshelf alcove in the middle. Additional storage behind starboard settee backrest
- Port settee pulls out to convert to double berth
- Forward facing navigation desk with opening top and storage inside.
- Instrument box over desk with instrument repeater and chart light
- Bookshelf outboard of nav desk
- Drawers in inboard side of nav station
- AC and DC electrical panels outboard of nav seat
- Comfortable quarterberth aft of nav station
- Secure U-shaped galley with two burner Force 10 propane stove with overn
- Crash bar secured inboard of oven
- Large stainless steel sink forward of stove with counter space inboard and dry storage under counter outboard
- Storage lockers with sliding doors outboard of stove
- Large insulate fridge aft of stove with new 12v Seafrost refrigeration system
- Storage in locker and drawers under sink.
- Swing out trash bin
- Custom dish storage aft of fridge
- Yanmar 3YM30AE 29hp marine diesel engine with less than 25 hours. (2018)
- Racor secondary fuel filter.
- Raw water intake strainer.
- Stainless steel shaft and cutless bearings replaced 2018
- Max Prop 3 blade feathering prop.
- Upgraded 80 Amp high output alternator with external regulator.
Mechanical and Plumbing
- Hot and cold pressure water system for head, galley, and cockpit shower.
- Backup manual foot pumps for galley and head sinks.
- Whale in-line fresh water filter.
- Raritan Fresh water electric head. (New 2017)
- Custom poly holding tank and plumbing. (New 2015)
- Seafrost BDxp air and water cooled refrigeration system (New 2017)
- ESPAR hot air cabin heater.
- Marine Air 12,000 BTU reverse cycle air conditioner (and heat).
- Flush thru-hull fittings with Forespar Marelon seacocks below waterline.
- Force 10 propane cook stove with oven and custom stainless steel crash bar with harness hookup.
- Propane locker with two bottles and solenoid shutoff.
- Xintex propane fume monitoring system.
- Deck wash pump (new 2015)
- 12 Volt DC System.
- 24 Circuit breaker panel.
- 110 volt 30 amp AC System.
- 20 amp battery charger.
- (3) Group 31 AGM Dual Purpose batteries (2015)
- Tri-color strobe and anchor multi-function mast head light (2015).
- Alpine AM/FM Stereo with CD Player.
- (4) Hella Turbo 12-volt fans.
- Interior lighting including white/red switching on nav station and galley lights.
- Spreader lights.
- Bow & stern pulpit navigation lights.
- Steaming light.
- Flexible solar panels attached to top of dodger
- 110v outlets in galley and head
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- OCKAM wind/speed/depth instruments at nav station and on companionway bridge with four repeaters.
- ICOM M-59 VHF.
- Raymarine C-90 Chartplotter and radar in companionway bulkhead. (New 2012)
- ICOM SSB M-710 Single sideband radio.
- Autohelm 6000+ autopilot.
- Questus self leveling backstay radar and antenna mount.
- (2) Lewmar Ocean 44CST two speed self tailing primary winches.
- (2) Lewmar 30 CST self tailing secondary winches.
- (2) Lewmar 16 CST self tailing cabin top winches.
- (2) Lewmar CST self tailing mast winches
Spars and Rigging
- Optional tall double spreader aluminum Hall Spars mast painted Awlgrip white with rod rigging.
- Spars Awlgripped and rod rigging replaced with new in 2015
- VHF antenna, mast lights and windvane replaced 2015
- Internal main, genoa, spare genoa, and spinnaker halyards.
- Aluminum boom painted Awlgrip white with Lazy Jack system, internal outhaul, and continuous "jiffy" reefing system for two reef points leading aft to cockpit.
- Spinnaker pole with stowage on mast and all rigging for spinnaker including secondary winches.
- Most running rigging run aft to cockpit rope clutches mounted on cabin top.
- Extra external luff track for main storm trysail.
- Hall Quick Vang B12.
- Harken MKII head sail roller furler.
- Navtec 10 hydraulic back stay adjuster.
- Backstay insulators for SSB antenna.
- All halyards and sheets upgraded to Spectra rope in 2009 and most replaced in 2015.
- Masthead Windex wind indicator and lightning protection.
- Spreader flag halyard.
- Harken traveler system
- New UK sails in 2015
- UK Powerhead Performance Cruise Dacron Mainsail with strong track (2015).
- UK Passagemaker 100% jib with foam luff UV cover (2015).
- .5 oz. spinnaker
- Cruising gennaker in snuffer.
- Lewmar V1 Electric Windlass (new 2017)
- Bruce 30# anchor with 100' 5/16” chain and 150' Megaplait rode (chain and rode new 2017).
- Fortress FX-23 anchor in bag with 12' chain.
- Storm anchor rode 300' in mesh bag.
- Outboard motor mount on stern rail.
- Lee clothes for all berths.
- Spare parts kit.
- Companionway drop board insect screening.
- Custom mesh stowage under V-berth and in cockpit.
- Fenders with fleece covers.
- Full winter cover (2015)
- Sun covers for dorade boxes, hatch cover, coamings, tiller, cockpit coaming, hatches. (2015)
- Clock and Barometer
- Rule 3700 electric bilge pump with auto float switch and manual override.
- (2) Manual large capacity Whale Gusher bilge pumps (cockpit and nav station bulkhead).
- Lifering mounted to stern rail
- Fire extinguishers
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. This listing is a courtesy of a member of the International Yacht Brokers Association and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.