This 70' 2004 Marlow 70E for sale has a Cherry Interior and was built to do the Great Loop. All her antennas, arrays and domes are on custom mounts that lower to a clearance of 18’04”. She has been constantly upgraded & maintained to the highest standards and is standing tall for your inspection. Bluebonnet is offered for sale by her second owner. He is a very experienced mariner who has updated and upgraded many of the systems and equipment aboard. Along with the great customization done by the original owner Bluebonnet is an exceptional example of a wonderful yacht.
The 70E Marlow Explorer Motor Yacht Bluebonnet combines a handsome pilothouse profile with state-of-the-art construction and a practical layout that is perfect for cruising in comfort and luxury. Bluebonnet represents one of the finest examples of this popular yacht currently available and has been professionally maintained by her original owner who now offers her for sale. She is well equipped for long range cruising and all services are up to date. While capable of cruising at 17-18 knots Bluebonnet has been cruised the majority of her life at 9-10 knots therefore the total gallons of fuel burned by each engine is a fraction of the fuel burn at 17 knots. This should give Bluebonnet an effective engine hour equivalent of 800 to 900 hours of use or only 10% of the life of her 3406E CATS. Yard service completed late 2017 includes new Prop Speed and running gear antifouling, fluids and filters replaced, steering system serviced, Boot Stripe repainted, and air conditioning serviced. The Bow Thruster was serviced and the 24V/48V conversion box was replaced. Recent new teak decks installed on aft deck and swim platform.
- Beginning on the covered teak aft deck features include a built-in Storage locker aft and hand-held remote Side-Power bow thruster and Morse engine controls. A molded FRP stairway with teak treads forward to port leads up to the boat deck and flybridge. Port and starboard aft are boarding doors with three steps on each side leading down to the large swim platform. Forward to starboard is the custom entrance to the Crew Quarters and Engine Room via a counter height molded FRP cabinet with side door and gas assisted lift-top.
- Double centerline doors open to the spacious salon. The combination of satin finished Cherry interior joinery, cherry and granite counter tops, Ultra leather furniture and varnished teak & holly sole create an inviting warm ambiance. To starboard a large Hi-Lo table fronts the U-shaped custom tufted Ultra leather Settee with corner end cabinets. The storage below the end cabinets is accessed through cherry tambour doors. The storage below the settee is accessed by lifting the seat itself which has gas assists for ease and to keep it up during access. On the port side there are 2 Lazy Boy wall hugger recliner chairs. All the way forward on the port side is the granite topped buffet with built-in below counter bar sink, wine cooler and ice maker.
- Forward to starboard is the Dining Room area with Cherry table and 6 matching chairs with Ultra leather seating surfaces. This area also features a large buffet cabinet forward with above counter port and starboard storage behind louvered doors and a center display area with glass shelves behind Cherry framed glass doors. Below counter height are 7 drawers for storing linen, flatware and whatever else you desire. The dining area is separated from the salon by a custom counter height cabinet which houses the new Sanyo 43” flat screen TV which rises on a custom lift for easy viewing from the settee or the chairs. By doing this the salon is much roomier since the port side is not taken up by the usual protruding over-sized TV and entertainment center you find on most Marlows. This allows a more social and conversational arrangement in the salon when not watching TV.
- Three steps up from the salon leads to the galley and pilothouse. The starboard side open gourmet galley is truly a chef’s delight with granite counters, abundant storage, under counter Sub-Zero refrigeration and freezers plus top of the line appliances including a large GE Microwave/Convection oven behind louvered doors below the 4-burner smooth cook top. The Fischer Paykel drawer style Dishwasher is under counter to the left of the Franke double sink with Grohe fixture and separate drinking water fixture. There is an additional microwave/convection oven in the aft over counter cabinets. Additional storage drawers accessed from just inside the stbd pilothouse door. The port side entry door and floating teak stairway to the flybridge is directly across from the galley. The helm and settee were custom designed and built. It features to port and elevated one step an over-sized built-in angled U-Settee and slide out teak table with fold-down leaf. To starboard the offset lower helm station with Ultra leather Stidd helm chair offers excellent sight lines and comfort for running in inclement weather. By moving the helm slightly to starboard the settee was enlarged and has access from both ends solving one of the most criticized issues of the Marlow helm area. All navigation electronics and instruments are within easy sight and reach of the helmsman. The starboard side entry door is directly next to the helm.
- A curved stairwell on the forward, starboard side of the pilothouse leads down to the stateroom deck and features a recessed handrail. To port is another custom feature, the guest stateroom with two lower berths and nightstand between rather than the typical upper/lower berth arrangement found in most all Marlows of this size. This answers another major complaint about the Marlow 65C/70E series. A cedar lined hanging locker is opposite the entry door and storage drawers are under the berths. An ensuite bath, Corian counter, under-mount sink, Grohe Nickle & Gold fixtures and Vacuflush head is just forward. It features louvered cabinet doors finished in the Herreshoff style adding a bit of maritime elegance.
- The forward VIP stateroom features a King centerline berth and excellent storage. There are two cedar lined hanging lockers, port and starboard as well as under berth storage drawers and overhead storage lockers. Two overhead Manship hatches with screens provide natural light and ventilation. The ensuite bath with teak framed Plexiglas stall shower is accessed from the stateroom or companionway allowing it to used as a day head. It features a Vacuflush head, Corian counters with under-mount sink, an opening port with screen and Grohe Nickle & Gold fixtures. The louvered cabinet doors are finished in the Herreshoff style again adding a bit of panache.
- The Master stateroom is at the aft end of the companionway down one step and below the pilothouse, the quietest and smoothest riding spot in the boat. It features a king berth with drawers below and storage in various cabinets and cedar lined hanging lockers. There is also hidden storage and a safe underneath the berth easily accessed by lifting the gas assisted mattress platform. The custom Lift-top Vanity with make-up compartment storage and mirror beneath the top sits opposite the berth between the doors leading to the custom his and her heads with shower between, all features not found on other Marlow Explorer 65C/70E series yachts. The laundry and ample office area with custom level sole are down two steps and aft with additional storage
- As mentioned previously the Crew Quarters and Engine Room are accessed from the aft deck. Port and starboard berths flank the center door to the full standing height head with shower. There is storage outboard behind louvered doors. The engine room is accessed forward through a watertight door with viewing port. The engine room provides full stand up head room and excellent access to all systems and machinery and features a Sea-Chest for all incoming raw water keeping thru-hull openings to a minimum.
- The Flybridge and Boat Deck are accessed either from the aft deck or the pilothouse. Forward, centerline is the helm station with twin Stidd chairs offering excellent visibility and access to the full electronics array. The entire flybridge area is protected from the elements by an FRP hardtop. The radar and steaming/anchor light are on a hinged platform that pivots down, and the Sat Domes are mounted the same way to allow all antennas etc. to lower below the 18’04” height of the hardtop. This design was created to allow the yacht to cruise the Great Loop without having to remove the hardtop and the conversion can be accomplished in less than 30 minutes. Aft of the helm is a large semi-circle settee with twin fiberglass tables on pedestals. There is a break in the center of the settee for access to the Boat Deck and entertainment area. On the port side is a fiberglass cabinet housing a very handy refrigerator. On the starboard side is the cabinet with electric grill and wet bar plus storage beneath. The tender is mounted athwart ship all the way aft on the boat deck. The fully hydraulic davit is stepped to starboard and stows starboard to port just forward of the tender. The boat deck perimeter port & starboard is protected by an over-sized custom oval stainless steel safety rail. All the stainless safety rails on the boat are the same over-sized custom oval shape.
- 20 kW Northern Lights generator w/sound shield
- 12 kW Northern Lights generator w/sound shield
- 110V/220V AC electrical system
- 12V/24V DC electrical system
- (4) Lifeline 8D AGM batteries, service bank
- (2) Lifeline AGM batteries, thruster
- (2) Lifeline 8D AGM batteries, generators
- (2) Lifeline 8D AGM batteries, main engines
- 12V battery charger
- 24V battery charger
- Xantrex 4kW inverter/120-amp battery charger
- (6) battery cut-off switches
- (2) battery parallel switches
- (4) 50-amp shore power inlets on Glendinning cablemasters, (2) forward, (2) aft
- Central bonding system
- Galvanic isolators
Navigational Electronics and Equipment
- Garmin 4212 GPS Chart Plotter & Radar
- Raymarine WSI
- Raymarine depth indicator
- Raymarine Multi Display
- Icom VHF transceiver/hailer new 2018
- Fusion MS-RA70 Radio with Bluetooth new 2018
- Simrad autopilot control head
- Side Power bow thruster control
- (2) Caterpillar MPD displays
- Naiad Multisea II stabilizer control
- Morse electronic engine controls
Only the finest components like Dupont Kevlar, CoreCell and enginering construction fabrics are specified for the hull, deck and superstructure of the Marlow Explorer. Vinylester and Epoxy resins and glues are used throughout. Only top quality mechanical components like Aquadrive constant velocity joints, Tides seals, Trace inverters are used. On the lovely hand finished interior quality brands like Sub Zero, Dacor, Asko, Bosch, Franke, Grohe and similar are found. Fine fabrics of Ultraleather and other top brands grace the interior. The result is reminiscent of an era when quality, not quantity was the hallmark of a fine yacht.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.