NEW PRICE REDUCTION!
This is a must see vessel - unmatched in livability, comfort and safety in just 37 feet.
*Bright open Salon - With 360 degrees of windows and tall seating in the salon, no one misses a thing! If the dinner guests decide to sleep over, simply lower the table and make up a queen size bed!
* Condo kitchen on a 37' trawler? Unheard of! Convection/microwave oven, double sink, dishwasher and trash compactor. AND - there is a unique porthole exhaust fan!
Need ice? No problem, it’s right in the refrigerator door. Cubes or crushed?
*Unmatched storage capacity – Six feet of hanging locker in the master stateroom, generous cabinetry in the stateroom and galley – PLUS full width dry storage in the easily accessed basement!
* Safe, easy secure 360 walk around decks guarded by tall stout railings.
*3' shoal draft, self-stabilized, unsinkable, lightning protection equipped hull.
*Walk-in stand up spacious engine room.
*Fuel efficient small naturally aspirated diesels with skeg protected props.
*Huge tank capacities for extended self-sufficient cruising.
*Cruise the Great Loop, Inland Waterways, Bahamas and the Caribbean
Great Harbour N-37 Overview
Young America is a Great Harbour N-37 with a unique open interior layout consisting of a dinette/office opposite the galley and flexible open space in the salon. At the helm, the wheel has been customized to allow the Captain to sit comfortably with his/her knees under the wheel. In addition to the standard equipment that makes a Great Harbour a comfortable cruiser or live-aboard, the current (original) owners have added 3-zone ITR hydronic diesel heating, factory installed Marine Lightning Protection (see more information under Fire and Safety Equipment), a 12' aluminum Duroboat tender with Lehr propane motor, mounted on an easy to launch stern davit, and other customized conveniences. Great Harbours are unsinkable and versatile cruisers with their shallow draft, low air draft, and large tankages. With generous safe and secure walk around decks, substantial railings, household appliances, and exceptional cruising range in a boat this size, Young America is a great choice for cruising the Great Loop, inland rivers, and the Caibbean. In fact, one cruised to Hawaii from Florida.
Great Harbour N-37 Construction Features
- Proven to be unsinkable
- Nida-core and closed foam Divinycell coring above the rub rail for positive flotation and self righting ability
- Deepest part of boat at center, forward of midships
- Hard chines for added stability and increased interior space
- 1-5/8" aluminum rail with upper, lower and stern gates
- Easy passage on both sides of pilothouse
- Two 24" propellers protected by skegs
- Schilling fishtail rudders for increased responsiveness and decreased turning radius
- Dual skeg protected props
- 360 degrees of windows in pilothouse
Great Harbour N-37 Walkthrough
The Great Harbour can be easily boarded through gates on three decks: the foredeck and mid-ship as well as the swim platform, allowing for entry through the aft or starboard door. The aft door leads into the salon with windows all around, an L-shaped seating/dining area to port with hi-low table. To starboard is open flexible space. Forward of the salon to port is the navigation station and the helm to starboard. A few steps down, the companionway leads to a dinette/office space to port, with a door access into the engine room. The U-shaped galley is starboard. Continuing down the companionway, the head is to port and the vented combo washer/dryer to starboard. The master stateroom with island standard queen is located in the bow.
Great Harbour N-37 Salon
The open bright salon is surrounded by screened windows offering great visibility along with ventilation. Young America's salon is unique in Great Harbour N-37's in that it has open space (no built in furniture) on most of the starboard side. The current owners use customized director's chairs (included) for driving the boat and seating that can be moved for use at the dining table. Port side there is an L-shaped seating area with high/low table that converts to a queen berth.
Copy and paste the link into your browser for a 360 view of the salon: https://tinyurl.com/ycr7y6pl
- Helm station can open to provide complete access to the main electrical panel and distribution system
- Storage behind glass helm; panel lowers for easy access to wiring
- Custom helm console with slanted wheel (so knees can fit under wheel)
- Nav table with fiddle rail and lifting table lid for chart storage
- Nav bench seat with file storage under seat
- Cellular shades on forward pilothouse windows
- Wood blinds on salon windows
- High-low dining table with two fold out leaves will seat six
- L-shaped settee with Ultra-leather upholstery, converts to queen berth (cushions stored in bo'sun's locker)
- Overhead lighting, reading lights, and oil lamp
- Clear View retracting insect screens on aft and starboard doors
- Two custom reinforced bar-height directors chairs fit comfortably at helm and dining table
- Thermostats for salon zone of the ITR diesel furnace and salon A/C
- Custom corner table starboard side with fan coil for 3 zone heat
- 2 red folding chairs (hanging on starboard bulkhead)
- Small bookcase aft
- Aft-hinged door to bo'sun's locker in teak and holly sole
- Overhead height - 80"
Great Harbour N-37 Galley
The spacious U-shaped galley, starboard, offers household appliances and plenty of counter space and cherry cabinetry. The washer/dryer combination does a daily load for two with ease!
Copy and paste the link in your browser for a 360 view of the galley:
- Corian countertop with integrated double sink and back splash
- GE Profile (PVM1790SR1SS) microwave/convection oven (New 2013)
- Four burner Kenyon ceramic cooktop
- Fisher and Paykel (DD24SCB7) single drawer automatic dishwasher (New 2015)
- Kenmore Elite side-by-side stainless steel refrigerator/freezer with ice/water dispenser in door
- Moen kitchen faucet (New 2017)
- In-sink-erator instant hot water faucet
- Broan trash compactor
- Splendide 2000S single unit combination washer/dryer under peninsula counter on companionway side, vented to the outside for enhanced drying
- Entire starboard bulkhead in galley has 2' deep lower cabinets with 2 drawers, along with more cabinetry forward, aft and below peninsula
- Under-counter book shelf on companionway side of galley peninsula
- Custom exhaust fan insert for portlight
- Two opening/screened 12" portlights
- Overhead opening/screened/shaded Bomar hatch
- Access to extensive undersole storage with 3 rolling carts
- Thermostat for diesel furnace (3 zone; fan coil unit located under steps to salon) and for A/C in companionway
- Extra ceiling lights
- Teak and holly sole
- Overhead height 75"
Great Harbour N-37 Dinette/Office
Young America is unique among Great Harbour N-37's. The starboard side galley is open to the port side dinette/office space. The space is designed with bench seating fore and aft with a table in between that lowers to become a double berth. Instead of a rarely used second stateroom/catchall, enjoy wide open access to the stand up engine room! With a glass window in the door, checking the engine room is a snap.
- 52" x 31" table can be lowered to make a double berth (extra cushions stored in Bo'sun's locker)
- 42" bench seat aft side with file drawer under seat
- 74" bench seat forward side, with lower A/C unit and chart storage under seat
- All charts (US East Coast, Gulf Coast, Inland Waters, Canadian Waters -Great Loop) included
- Ultra-leather upholstery
- Removable printer stand
- Two stereo speakers connected to Fusion A/V system in salon
- Shark rechargeable hand vacuum
- Opening/screened 12" portlight
- Oil lamp
- Undersole storage with Documentation number permanently affixed to stringer
- Door (with window) into engine room
Great Harbour N-37 Master Stateroom
The centerline island berth with standard queen mattress is flanked by cherry cabinetry on both sides as well as under the berth.
Copy and paste the link into your browser for a 360 view of the master stateroom:
- Island queen berth with 2009 Tempurpedic queen mattress
- Bedside storage consisting of 3 drawers and 2 bins on each side
- Thirty-six inches of lighted hanging storage on each side
- Four large storage drawers under master berth
- Custom bedside storage steps
- Bedside lights
- Ceiling lights
- 2 opening/screened 12" port lights
- Overhead opening/screened/shaded Bomar hatch
- Access to 2 separate anchor chain lockers
- Access to undersole storage port and starboard, with rolling basket on starboard side
- Thermostat for 3 zone diesel furnace (fan coil unit located in port hanging locker)
- Overboard holding tank pumpout (locked) in port hanging locker
- Circuit breaker for windlass and bow thruster on starboard side of berth
- Circuit breaker for toilet and reversing switch (locked) on port side of berth
- Teak and holly sole with storage space below
Great Harbour N-37 Head
Copy and paste the link to your browser for a 360 view of the head:
- Corian vanity top with 14-1/2" x 10-1/2"sink and folding cherry vanity extension
- Mirrored medicine cabinet
- Opening/screened 12" port light
- Shower stall (2' x 3-1/2') with 73" head room
- Atlantes Freedom Raritan macerating 24v fresh water flush toilet (New 2017)
Great Harbour N-37 Bo'sun's Locker
The bo'sun's locker (or basement!) is reached through a hatch in the salon sole. Down a few steps is a lighted, dry storage area that runs the full width of the boat.
- Size: 5' x 15' x 40" to 46" high
- Custom shelves forward both sides and aft starboard only
- Hooks for hanging lines, cords, etc.
- Storage of cushions for converting tables to berths
- Storage space for suitcases, etc.
Great Harbour N-37 Audio/Visual Equipment
- Sony Bravia retracting 26" flat screen tv with remote
- Fusion am/fm radio; CD/DVD player with 4 adjustable speakers in salon and remote (New 2017)
Great Harbour N-37 Electronics/Navigation Aids
- Windows-based glass helm navigation system with Nobeltec Admiral software
- Two 15" 3M micro touch screen monitors
- Nobeltec (Koden) 4kw digital radar integrated with PC glass helm
- AIS Class B transponder and receiver integrated with navigational system display
- Garmin Gladiator TR-1 (now Garmin Gold) auto pilot
- Stand alone Standard Horizon GPS chart plotter 155C updated 2017
- Icom M604 VHF marine radio with DSC
- Nobeltec Weather Worx
- Raymarine rudder indicator
- Ritchie Navigator compass with 4-1/2" card (installed above helm)
Great Harbour N-37 Electrical Equipment
- Xantrex 3kw inverter/charger
- MasPower by Mastry 110/220 volt 8kw (MP8M, New 2008) generator with 12v starting battery and Yanmar engine (3TNV76-GMA diesel)
- House and starting battery bank - 12 volt/1260 amp hour/AGMs (New 2014)
- Forward battery bank for windlass, thruster and toilet - 24 volt/210 amp hour AGMs (New 2016)
- Guest battery charger for forward battery bank
- 50 foot 50amp 240v shore power cord with snaplock plug
- 30 amp shore power cords
- Smart Y
Great Harbour N-37 Engine/Mechanical Equipment
Copy and paste the link into your browser for a 360 view of the engine room:
- Twin naturally aspirated simpleYanmar 4JH4AE 54 hp engines
- Racor primary fuel filters and fuel polisher for engines, generator and furnance
- Jabsco spotlight with remote control
- Max Power 24 volt bow thruster, Model 225 - 2 propellers in 10" tube/20 HP motor/440 lbs thrust
- ZF Micro Commander electronic engine controls
- Jabsco water pumps
- Torrid 17 gal glass lined hot water heater (New 2017)
- Two Pompanette Air Mark 1 Series reverse cycle air conditioning/heating system
110v in salon with overboard drain
230v in dinette/galley/stateroom drains into shower sump
- International Thermal Research (ITR) 3 zone hydronic diesel heater
- Horizon Reverse Osmosis water maker (240 v) will make 17 gallons of fresh water per hour; equipped with 12v regulated power supply for auto reverse flush maintenance cycling
- Sea Chest with single through hull installed during construction
Great Harbour N-37 Fire and Safety Equipment
- Factory installed Marine Lightning Protection (http://marinelightning.com/profile.htm#System The lightning protection system protecting Young America was designed and installed by the premier lightning authority Professor Ewin Thomson of Marine Lightning Protection Inc. (MLP ) who specializes in lightning grounding in the marine environment, improving on existing standards such as ABYC TE4, ISO 10134 and NFPA 780 Ch. 8 (pre-2008)
- Personal Locator Beacon mounted by aft salon door
- Smoke detector
- CO detector
- Fire extinguishers - galley, dinette/office, salon
- Plastimo Marine fire blanket in galley
- USCG Type 2 PFD's located under labeled salon seat, including adult, youth and child sizes
Great Harbour N-37 Deck Equipment
- Custom Lester Power stern davit with Amsteel bridle and remote (New 2015)
- Dinghy davit on upper boat deck - fiberglass davit with 110 volt StrongArm winch from Dutton-Lainson with 35 feet of ¼" Amsteel Blue line
- Dinghy chocks on upper boat deck
- Trickle charger for dinghy battery
- 1-5/8", 32" tall aluminum railings line the entire deck perimeter
- Maxwell double drum anchor Windlass 1200 with deck foot controls and helm switches
- Rocna 73 lb (33 kilo) primary anchor 200' 5/16" HT chain (distance marks every 20')
- Secondary anchor - Danforth galvanized model 22 - 25 lbs/19" flukes - with 200' 5/16" HT chain (distance marks every 20')
- Mast folds down - air draft to top of mast is 19'; air draft with mast, lightning rods and antennas down is 14'
- Rosendal "Large" Tri-Lens radar reflector mounted on mast
- Marine Lightning Protection custom installed during construction
- Karcher power washer
- Aluminum Bowmar rudder lazarette deck hatch
- Arid Bilge System in rudder lazarette
- Fenders and lines
- Two extra stern cleats added 2015
- Removable ladder to boat deck
- Retracting swim ladder under port side stern swim platform
- Two boat hooks - retractable mounted above port windows; 4' mounted to mast on deck
- Pumpout for holding tank
- Fuel and water fill caps
- Fresh water hose for anchor rinsing on bow
- Fresh water hot and cold shower on swim platform
- Custom step to swim platform
- Flagpoles for 2'x3' and 6'x8' flags
Great Harbour N-37 Tender
The tender can be stored on the stern davit or the pilothouse roof.
- 2010 12' Duroboat
- Lehr 9.9 propane outboard motor with fiberglass propane tank (about 3 gal.)
- Navigation lights
- Boat hook
Great Harbour N-37 Disclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Additional Units Included