“Sweet Spot” is a nice example of the Hinckley Picnic Boat MKIII. This tastefully optioned example has all the “bells and whistles” including genset, AC, teak cockpit sole and recent flag blue hull paint. Located at Hinckley in Portsmouth, RI. Priced incredibly well at 569K.
SWEET SPOT (name reserved)” is a heavily (and tastefully) optioned Hinckley Picnic Boat MKIII. The MKIII is the latest of the Picnic Boat line. This boat has a generator, air conditioning, teak cockpit sole, teak pilothouse sole and numerous other features. “Sweet Spot” has always been maintained by Hinckley and a Hinckley Captain. She received new Flag Blue hull paint in 2017. Please scroll through her specs and pictures to see how nice this example is. Sweet Spot is priced to sell.
The Picnic Boat Mark III features twin engines, an open, comfortable layout, excellent visibility and ventilation, and a modern hull designed for exceptional rough-water performance. This new model incorporates countless other improvements learned during the 15 years of Hinckley Picnic Boats.
HULL and DECK
The hull is Hinckley DualGuard® Composite Construction Kevlar E-glass hybrid outer skin. Aircraft grade end-grain balsa below the waterline. Carbon-fiber inner skin. SCRIMP® laminated with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass with balsa and closed-cell foam core, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin.
- Flag Blue Awlgrip topsides (new in 2017)
- Light Cream gelcoat cabin house and deck, with contrasting Moondust Awl-Grip nonskid pattern.
- Single bootstripe that matches the color of the deck
- Red bottom
- Marelon ball-valve seacocks with thru-hulls below water line and Marelon thru-hulls above the waterline
- Stainless steel half round on fiberglass molded rub rail
Swim Platform: Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half round
- Stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder that stores under platform
- Stainless Steel Swim handle on transom, painted to match the hull.
- Flush foredeck anchor locker with hinged hatch and fold-out anchor roller.
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Varnished teak handrails on house top, cabin and aft end of pilothouse
- Four (4) elliptical opening ports on house sides with screens
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern and 316L stainless steel mooring cleats - mid-rail easily reached from cockpit – pop-up mid ship cleats
- Fender padeyes with toe rail chafe strips
- Hinckley pilothouse mast with spotlight, Radome, and satellite radio antenna painted to match deck.
- Three (3) stainless steel hatches on cabin house top with Ocean Air Sky blinds/screens.
The Cockpit features wonderful seating with both forward and aft facing seats. There is a transom door to provide easy access to the swim platform.
More cockpit features:
- Cushions covered in Sand Ultraleather with Admiral Piping
- Hinckley custom “built-in flip down” cockpit steps mounted port and starboard.
- Custom “bo-peep” boarding handrail fits port or stb side decks
- Custom table for cockpit with cupholders.
- Stainless steel rod holders in aft side decks (1 port, 1 starboard)
- Rupp rod racks in kickwells (port and starboard).
- Large cockpit lockers between the cockpit and pilothouse with varnished louvered teak doors
- Cockpit shower with hot and cold mixing valve at transom door.
- Ample storage in seat lockers
- Stamoid cockpit cover
- Hinckley “teak package” with gloss varnished teak on pilothouse instrument pod, side panels, dash, pilothouse sides, and window frames
- Pilothouse sole is teak.
- Four (4) Hinckley custom oversized frameless stainless steel pilothouse windows- two fixed front windows and two electric sliding side windows.
- Pilothouse front windows have heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers
- Pilothouse windows tinted in green
- Two (2) oversized stainless steel Hinckley custom electric opening hatches on pilothouse top. Both hatches have Ocean Air blinds/screens.
- Two Stidd 500N Admiral Slimline helm manually adjustable seats with X2 footrests. Covered with Sand Ultraleather and Admiral Piping
- Cushioned settees port and starboard covered in Ultraleather Sand with Admiral Piping.
- Insulated white overhead with teak battens
- (2) Hella Fans in corners of pilothouse
- Illumination is by four (4) overhead low-voltage halogen lights on dimmers
- Storage locker under pilothouse settees, port and starboard
- Hinckley insulated and drained ice chest in port amenity (between pilothouse and cockpit)
- Custom Hinckley varnished teak chart compartment on port side of pilothouse aft of forward window
- 120-volt outlet in forward settee face
- (5) Cup holders
- Varnished teak locking companionway door
- Varnished teak handrail on centerline of overhead
- Stamoid 3-piece drop curtains with Eisenglass windows
Helm Station (Starboard)
- Varnished teak instrument pod
- Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim
- Hinckley “JetStick” - integrates forward and aft motion, steering, and bow thruster into single joystick
- Engine gauges, tachometer with hour meter, oil pressure, cooling water temperature
- Top-opening locker port and starboard
- 12-volt “cigarette style” outlet in locker to stbd.
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- Raymarine ST-6001 Autopilot with GyroPlus 2 interfaced to GPS
- Raymarine E120 12” color Chartplotter/Radar/Fishfinder with 18” 2-KW radar array painted to match deck. With Differential GPS antenna and Raymarine DSM300 sounder module
- Standard Horizon PS 1000 VHF radio with RAM mic
- ACR spotlight - Masthead mounted with helm mounted electric remote control
Alpine FM Receiver with CD Changer
(3) Pairsof speakers – In V-berth on forward bulkhead, in the pilothouse, and in the cockpit. Each set of speakers can be controlled for volume.
FLIR Thermal Imaging
The interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry. The cabin sole is varnished teak and tulipwood and has a cabin sole cover. Louvered cherry locker doors and (5) Frigast stainless steel bulkhead lights add to the cabin ambience.
Entry is from the pilothouse companionway to the galley to port, private head to starboard and the V-berth accommodations forward.
- Aurora Corian countertop
- Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures, spray nozzle and hot and cold pressure water.
- Adler Barbour refrigeration – 12-volt cold plate refrigerator in a self-draining insulated box
- Single burner electric cook-top with Corian cover
- 600-watt 110-volt microwave oven
- 110-volt outlet
- Built-in bin for dish stowage
- (3) Cherry pullout drawers
- Red step-light in galley
- Under counter pull-out garbage receptacle
- Opening port with screen
- Additional storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink.
The stove is set in the countertop and has a Corian stove cover that adds to the already ample counter space surrounding the sink. The sink also has a Corian cover. Microwave is built in outboard. The refrigeration is mounted aft and is accessed by a counter lift-up top. A “pantry” locker with louvered door and several shelves separates the galley from the forward V-berth area and houses the stereo system.
HEAD (Next aft starboard)
- Solid cherry door panel door
- Molded fiberglass sole for easy cleaning.
- Varnished cherry countertop with an undermounted porcelain sink.
- Grohe faucet/hand held shower provides hot & cold pressure water – bracket for shower bulkhead mounted
- Sealand Vacu-Flush electric marine head is plumbed to a 27-gallon aluminum holding tank and overboard discharge
- Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame.
- Storage is provided by cherry faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer with a cherry face beside the marine head, and a locker under the vanity.
- 110-volt outlet
- AC duct.
- Opening port with screen
- A comfortable double berth is formed with an insert.
- V-berth upholstered in Astrup Reef Sand
- Custom varnished cherry chart storage on sheathing sides
- Storage lockers under V-berth has easy-access cherry drop-front door to port
- Cedar-lined hanging locker is just aft of the V-berths to starboard.
- (2) Stereo speakers are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead.
- (2) Hella fans – port and starboard bulkhead facing aft.
- Overhead opening hatch with Ocean Air Sky screen/shade.
Low resistance, copper wire and sacrificial zinc anode bonding system. Zinc saver.
- (3) 12-volt batteries for a total of 540-amps.
- Start – Two 12-volt AGM Group 31 batteries with 950 CCA capability – NEW 2012.
- House – Two 12-volt AGM Group 4D batteries – 210-amps each.
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch allows emergency starting.
- 80-amp battery alternator on engine.
- 12-volt distribution panel includes thermo-magnetic breakers, volt and amp meter.
110-volt 30-amp AC electrical system
- 110-volt shore power inlet and relay.
- 50-amp shore power cord with Glendinning retractable power cord.
- Victron Multiplus inverter/charger with 100-amp 12-volt multi-stage battery charging capability.
- Twin VOLVO 300-hp D4 diesel engines
- Hamilton 274 Jet Drives
- Twin ZF 63 transmissions
- 7” hydraulic bow thruster
- Hinckley custom JetStick® Gen3 control system - is integrated with the bow thruster.
- Dual cylinder trim tabs with indicator controls at helm
- Volvo EVC Tachometer with LCD multi-function display
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges.
- Alarms for high-low oil pressure, and high engine water temperature and hydraulic pressure.
- Custom Racor fuel filters. MA500MA with pressure gauges, drain lines, and water sensors
- Algae-X 400 fuel conditioners for engines and generator
- 9 KW Onan Generator (236 hrs June 2018) - with sound shield
- Manual hydraulic steering pump
- Air Conditioning/Heating: (1) 20,000 BTU AC unit in pilothouse and (1) 10,000 BTU unit in the V berth with outlets in the cabin, head and pilothouse.
- (3) Electric 1500-GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches and high water alarm
- Whale emergency bilge pump - mounted in cockpit locker.
- In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump
- 27-gallon aluminum holding tank with overboard discharge.
- 6-gallon stainless steel hot water heater – shore power and engine heated.
- 40-gallon polyethylene water tank.
- (2) 80-gallon 110 gallon polyethylene fuel tanks - total 220-gallons.
- Mylar-faced acoustical foam-lined engine box insulation.
- Engine box cover has double gaskets and an electric riser.
- Engine box forced-air exhaust fan.
- Baffled and insulated air intake
- Automatic engine compartment fire suppression system, with automatic engine shut-down.
Ground Tackle System:
- Muir electric windlass pkg: Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir electric windlass with polished stainless steel Delta 22# anchor + 25’ stainless steel chain & 150’ anchor rode and polished stainless steel folding bow roller. The windlass can be operated from the helm station or a handheld wired remote at anchor locker.
- Bow varnished burgee pennant staff with flush socket.
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & flush socket.
- Boat hook - mounted under side deck.
- Dock lines
- Fenders with fleece covers
- Deck shower/water outlet with hot & cold mixing valve.
- Life jackets
- Fire extinguishers
- 12-volt air horn with switch on dash.
- Masthead and running lights
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.