MAVERICK is an exquisite example of the Hinckley MKIII Picnic Boat. The knowledgeable owners worked with Hinckley to build a well optioned yacht, resulting is a perfect package of equipment and design details. Hinckley Yachts Services maintained since delivery, MAVERICK is in extremely good condition and easily shown in Annapolis, MD. She includes the Hinckley Certified Pre-Owned Warranty.
The Picnic Boat Mark III combines traditional aesthetics in her beautiful lines and stunning craftsmanship with modern design and materials. MAVERICK’s owners built her with comfort and convenience in mind. Upgraded 370hp Volvo engines, teak decks, powered windows and hatches, Jetstick® control, and thoughtful appointments make her well equipped for effortless and elegant entertaining and cruising. She is meticulously maintained in extremely good condition by Hinckley Yacht Services and is ready for her new owner.
This is a "Hinckley Certified Pre-Owned Boat" (CPO boat).
HULL and DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgrip topsides
- Light Cream gelcoat cabin house with nonskid deck
- Cream bootstripe
- Offshore Red bottom
The hull is Hinckley DualGuard® Composite Construction Kevlar E-glass hybrid outer skin. Aircraft grade end-grain balsa below the waterline. Carbon-fiber inner skin. SCRIMP® laminated with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass with balsa and closed-cell foam core, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin.
- Marelon ball-valve seacocks with thru-hulls below water line and Marelon thru-hulls above the waterline
- Stainless steel half-round on fiberglass molded rub rail
Swim Platform: Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half round.
- Stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder that stores under platform
- Stainless steel swim handle on transom painted to match hull
- Flush foredeck anchor locker with hinged hatch and fold-out anchor roller with freshwater anchor washdown
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Varnished teak handrails on pilothouse top
- Varnished teak handrails on cabin house top
- Stainless steel bow rail
- Four (4) elliptical opening ports on house sides with screens
- Hinckley pilothouse mast with spotlight, radome painted to match deck.
- Large side windows with green tint in pilothouse open electrically
- (3) Low-profile opening aluminum hatches with Ocean Air Sky screens
- (2) Electric opening hatches in the pilothouse
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern and 316L stainless steel mooring cleats - mid-rail easily reached from cockpit – pop-up mid ship cleats
- Fender padeyes with toe rail chafe strips
- ACR spotlight - Masthead mounted with helm mounted electric remote control
Seating: The cockpit features cushioned seating at the transom with removable cushions at transom door. Aft-facing seats are located at the forward end of the cockpit. Cushions are covered in blue and white stripe Sunbrella Catamaran Nautical. A custom varnished teak drop-leaf table is to port, with additional receiver in pilothouse.
More cockpit features:
- Built-in flip down cockpit steps mounted port and starboard
- Teak boarding step for port or starboard side deck
- Cockpit/pilothouse amenities with varnished louvered teak doors
- Custom laminated fiddles on amenity tops
- Custom varnished teak drop-leaf table with height adjustable polished stainless pedestal
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve at stern seat
- Stamoid cockpit cover with added side access
- Two SS rod holders mounted on the port and starboard side decks
- Two stainless steel cup holders
- Teak finished pilothouse upper sides and dash
- Teak sole with natural finish
- (4) Pilothouse windows include (2) Electric Sliding side windows and (2) Fixed, forward
- Heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers
- Ivory Ultraleather-Plus Stidd 500-200 electric helm seat on starboard and Stidd 510-117 manual passenger seat on powder-coated manual pedestals
- Cushioned settees port and starboard in Sunbrella Catamaran Nautical
- 20K BTU air conditioning system
- Pilothouse/cockpit table with flip down leaves; removable with storage bag
- Insulated white overhead with (2) Electric opening hatches with Ocean Air Sky screens/shades
- Additional illumination is by four (4) overhead low-voltage halogen lights.
- Storage locker under pilothouse settee
- 110V-AC outlet – port fwd
- Varnished teak locking companionway door
- Varnished teak handrail on centerline
- Varnished teak handrail for port seat
- Stamoid 3-piece drop curtains with Eisenglass windows
- Stamoid window and windshield covers
Helm Station (Starboard)
- Varnished teak instrument pod
- Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim
- Hinckley “JetStick®”
- Engine gauges port and starboard; analog/digital multifunction tachometer, analog oil pressure, water temperature, fuel level
- Top-opening armrest locker
- 12V cigarette-style outlet
- Stereo auxiliary input
- (2) Cup holders
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
Helm Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Raymarine ST-6002 Autopilot - interfaced to GPS
- Raymarine E140w color chartplotter
- 24” HD Raymarine scanner
- Ritchie Compass – helm mounted
- Standard Horizon GX1500S VHF with Ram Mic
The interior is finished in varnished cherry. The cabin sole is varnished teak and tulipwood and has a custom cabin sole cover. Louvered cherry locker doors and (5) Frigast stainless steel bulkhead lights add to the cabin ambience.
Entry is from the pilothouse companionway to the galley to port, private head to starboard and the V-berth accommodations forward.
The stove is set in the countertop and has a Corian stove cover that adds to the already ample counter space surrounding the sink. The undermount sink has a Corian cover. Microwave is built in outboard. The refrigeration is mounted aft and is accessed by a counter lift-up top. A “pantry” locker with louvered door and several shelves separates the galley from the forward V-berth area.
- Stone Corian countertop
- Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures, spray nozzle and hot and cold pressure water
- Sea Frost refrigeration – 12-volt cold plate refrigerator in a self-draining insulated box
- Electric stove
- 600-watt 110-volt microwave oven
- 110-volt outlet
- Built-in bin for dish stowage
- (3) Cherry pullout drawers
- Step-light in galley
- Varnished Cherry handrail next to companionway
- additional storage under microwave, dedicated mug holders
- Under counter pull-out garbage receptacle
- Opening port with screen
- Additional storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink
- Carbon Monoxide detector
- Solid cherry door panel door
- Molded fiberglass sole for easy cleaning
- Varnished cherry countertop with undermount porcelain sink
- Grohe faucet/hand held shower provides hot & cold pressure water – bracket for shower bulkhead mounted
- Sealand Vacu-Flush electric marine head is plumbed to a 27-gallon aluminum holding tank and overboard discharge
- Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame
- Storage is provided by cherry faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer with a cherry face beside the marine head, and a locker under the vanity
- 110-volt outlet
- Opening port with screen, as well as forced ventilation
- A very comfortable double berth is formed with an insert
- V-berth upholstered in Catamaran Nautical Sunbrella fabric.
- Storage locker under portside V-berth has easy-access cherry drop-front door
- Cedar-lined hanging locker is just aft of the V-berths to starboard
- (2) Stereo speakers are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead.
- Overhead opening hatch with Ocean Air Sky screen/shade.
- Low resistance, copper wire and sacrificial zinc anode bonding system. Zinc saver.
- Main 12VDC and 120VAC breaker panel located in pilothouse.
- (3) 12-volt batteries for a total of 540-amps.
- Start – Two 12-volt AGM Group 31 batteries with 950 CCA capability (new 3/16)
- House – Two 12-volt AGM Group 4D batteries – 210-amps each (new 3/16)
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch allows emergency starting
- 80-amp battery alternator on engine
- 12-volt distribution panel includes thermo-magnetic breakers, volt and amp meter
110-volt 30-amp AC electrical system
- 110-volt shore power inlet and relay.
- 50-amp shore power cord with Glendinning retractable power cord
- Victron inverter/charger with 100-amp 12-volt multi-stage battery charging capability
- Mobile Power 110V Alternator
- Onan 9-kw Generator - with sound shield (65 hours 9/17)
- Twin VOLVO 370-hp D6 common rail diesel engines, upgraded from base 300hp
- Hamilton 274 Jet Drives
- Twin ZF 63 transmissions
- Side Power 7” hydraulic bow thruster
- Hinckley custom “JetStick®” Gen3 control system is integrated with the bow thruster
- Dual cylinder trim tabs with indicator controls at helm
- Fuel filter/water separator
- Volvo EVC Tachometer with LCD multi-function display
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges
- Alarms for high-low oil pressure, and high engine water temperature and hydraulic pressure
- Manual hydraulic steering pump
- (3) Electric 1500-GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches and high water alarm
- High pressure deck wash pump
- Whale emergency bilge pump - mounted in cockpit locker
- In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump
- 27-gallon aluminum holding tank and an overboard discharge
- 6-gallon stainless steel hot water heater – shore power and engine heated
- 40-gallon polyethylene water tank
- (2) 110-gallon polyethylene fuel tanks - total 220-gallons
- Mylar-faced acoustical foam-lined engine box insulation
- Engine box cover has double gaskets and an electric riser
- Engine box forced-air exhaust fan
- Baffled and insulated air intake
- Automatic engine compartment fire suppression system, with automatic engine shut-down
- Raw water engine strainers
- Marine Air air conditioning - 10k BTU forward cabin and 20k BTU pilothouse.
Ground Tackle System:
- Muir electric windlass pkg: Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir electric windlass with polished stainless steel Delta 22# anchor + 25’ stainless steel chain & 150’ anchor rode and polished stainless steel folding bow roller. The windlass can be operated from the helm station or via handheld wired remote at anchor locker.
- Bow varnished burgee pennant staff with flush socket
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & flush socket
- Dock lines
- Fenders with fleece covers
- Life jackets
- Fire extinguishers
- 12-volt trumpet air horn with switch on dash
- Masthead and running lights
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. This listing is a courtesy of a member of the International Yacht Brokers Association and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.