New to the market is this ever growing in popularity J70. This is a one owner vessel. This J70 has competed in Annapolis 2013 North American Championship. Boat is fully equipped, to include: Torqeedo outboard with bag, Triad trailer (with extension), rudder/tiller bag, and Tacktick wireless instruments.
The J/70 introduces a new dimension of fun, fast sailing in a stable, easy to own boat. A natural evolution of its J pedigree, the J/70's 22-foot long waterline with high aspect, all carbon rig and deep, lifting bulb keel provides spirited performance and stability that feels like a much larger boat. Knifing through the water upwind with confidence and ease, the J/70 has that legendary “J” feel - light, controllable with a wide-groove to sail consistently fast. With an adjustable cascading backstay, one has total control over sail shape and dynamic rig tension across the full range of conditions, making it not only easy to change gears on the J/70, but faster and safer. Off the wind, J/70 will simply light-up the crew with a smile! Set the masthead asymmetrical spinnaker off the retractable carbon bowsprit, point the J/70 where you want with its deep, high-aspect rudder and the J/70 pops up on a plane and takes off in a moderate breeze.
J/70 is all about making sailing inclusive, not exclusive. With its easily driven hull, large cockpit, and manageable three sail inventory, the J/70 is perfect for three adults, two couples, or four juniors.
TRAILERABLE- EASY TRANSPORT & LAUNCHING
In today’s crowded harbors, it’s not always possible or economical to own a permanent mooring, marina slip or rent space in a dry lot with crane. J/70 offers a practical solution. Launch at the local boat ramp, raise the lightweight all carbon rig, lower the lifting bulb keel, hoist the sails and off you go on a sailing adventure in less than 30 minutes. The only limitations are how far you want to drive and willingness to camp in the great outdoors. Trailerable behind a family minivan or SUV, you can go anywhere.
Spars and Rigging
- Southern Spars carbon fiber mast with single swept carbon spreaders, carbon masthead crane and mainsail luff track.
- Easy to raise and lower with deck step design and tabernacle system.
- Mast finished in satin black with contrasting white bands.
- Carbon fiber boom with internal 4:1 outhaul, mainsheet attachment point, outhaul and single reef sheaves as well as provision for reef cleat and block at inboard end. Finished in satin black with contrasting white bands.
- Carbon bow sprit with tack ferrule fitting, painted black finish and seal system mounted at sprit housing.
- 1 x 19 wire standing rigging with adjustable Ronstan turnbuckles for shrouds.
- Double ended boom vang system.
- Running Rigging Package includes: main, jib & spinnaker halyards, main sheet, spinnaker sheets, jib sheets 18” main sheet strop Tack line, sprit control line, Vang control line, Traveler control lines, Cunningham, Dyneema Bow bridal for trailer loading
- "Third Hands" with Keepers
- Windward cam cleats
- Hull laminated with biaxial and unidirectional E-glass fabrics and balsa core for rugged durability.
- Deck molded with similar glass fabrics and Corecell foam core.
- High density core material and additional glass reinforcements are placed in way of highly loaded hardware.
- All laminates are engineered and built to required ISO structural standards.
- Molded internal bulkheads and ring frames with gelcoat finish, bonded to the hull and/or deck.
- Molded lift-keel structure jigged, aligned and integrally molded during primary hull layup.
- High strength, inward turning and overlapping hull to deck joint bonded with structural adhesive.
Deck, Keel, Rudder
- Large self-draining cockpit with molded foot braces on centerline.
- Molded companionway cover both hinged & removable with lockable drop board.
- Molded foredeck toe-rails P & S.
- SS custom fabricated chain plates for shrouds and backstay terminations.
- Interior ventilation hatch mounted on cabin house forward of mast.
- Molded non-skid on horizontal deck surfaces.
- 4.75’ draft lifting keel with lead ballast featuring an internal leading-edge kelp cutting mechanism operable from the cockpit while underway, SS lock down plate and a single point lifting ring w/2:1 aluminum keel crane lift system.
- (2) Harken investment cast diamond boat lift padeyes installed adjacent to keel P&S.
- High aspect transom mounted molded rudder.
- Lightweight aluminum outboard bracket mounted to transom.
- (2) Harken B8 primary winches with cam cleats and 8” winch handle.
- (2) Ronstan black anodized jib T tracks with cars to accommodate 2:1 jib sheet terminations.
- 5:1 Harken mainsheet system leading to ratchet block and cam mounted on centerline swivel base.
- Adjustable mainsheet traveler with 2:1 control line and cam cleats P & S.
- Double ended backstay adjuster purchase system leading forward to P & S cam cleats.
- Internal bowsprit launching system to exit aft face of the cabin house to cam cleat.
- Harken Small Boat Underdeck headsail furling system with hoistable swivel and control line exiting aft face of cabin house to cam cleat.
- Tack line cam cleat mounted to starboard on cabin.
- Composite tiller with Ronstan tiller extension.
- (4) Spinnaker sheet blocks with (2) outboard of primary winches and (2) aft.
- (2) halyard lead blocks mounted at mast base.
- (4) low height SS stanchions and two reinforced SS stern rails at transom corners.
- 12” SS Wire lifelines surrounding the cockpit with comfort pads and termination points on deck edge forward of shrouds.
- Dyneema transom lifeline gate with quick release.
- Foredeck U-bolt for mooring/dockline attachment.
- Interior Air dry gelcoat finish on hull & deck surfaces.
- Removable cabin floor
- (2) Bench style molded seats P & S.
- Bin storage aft of seats.
- Molded liner platform with inspection port.
- Molded cockpit support bulkhead with inspection port.
- Anodized aluminum compression post to transfer mast step loads to internal hull structure.
- Molded entry step.
- Anodized aluminum crane w/ manual crank mechanism Keel lifting device included
- Spinnaker launching bag
- Cruising jib with RF cover
- Triad Trailer
- Spare Tire and Mount Rear Support Jack Extension
- Tongue for Ramp Launching
- Ramp Launch Guides
- Regular Bunks
- Trailer Mounted Dock Box
- Mast Cover for travel.
- Rudder Bag.
- Padded Spreader Bag.
- Padded Tiller Bag.
- Full deck cover.
- Torqeedo Electric Engine
- Dock Box
- Fenders and dock lines
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. This listing is a courtesy of a member of the International Yacht Brokers Association and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.