THALASSA is an opportunity to take immediate delivery of a “like new” well optioned Picnic Boat MKIII. She was built in early Summer of 2018. She has an optional engine package for blistering performance and numerous custom features. She will transfer with all applicable warranties and the Hinckley CPO Warranty. Asking 1.1 mm. Located in Guilford, CT.
THALASSA is a 2018 Picnic Boat MKIII with optional 435-hp Volvo Common Rail diesels (with only delivery hours) and provides an exhilarating 35 knot cruise speed with an almost 40 knot wide open throttle. This Picnic Boat MKIII is perfectly optioned to perform any task, from the simple sunset cruise to the extended weekend getaway, and is offered under the new Hinckley Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) warranty program. This is a rare opportunity to purchase a boat delivered only a few weeks ago without the new boat wait time.
Thalassa has numerous options on top of her 435hp engines. She has a custom “Sail-Shade” bimini top with carbon fiber poles, genset, AC, plenty of custom carpentry items, a rare varnished teak transom and so much more. Please review her specs to see why this “almost new” example is so special.
HULL and DECK
CONSTRUCTION of the hull is Hinckley DualGuard® Composite Construction Kevlar E-glass hybrid outer skin. Aircraft grade end-grain balsa below the waterline. Carbon-fiber inner skin. SCRIMP® laminated with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass with balsa and closed-cell foam core, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin.
- Stars and Stripes Blue Awlgrip hull
- Light Cream gelcoat cabin house with Moon Dust non-skid decks.
- Light Cream double bootstripe
- Dark Blue Ultra bottom paint
- Custom varnished Teak covered transom
- Marelon ball-valve seacocks with thru-hulls below water line and Marelon thru-hulls above the waterline
- Stainless steel half round on fiberglass molded rub rail
SWIM PLATFORM: Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has custom optioned teak deck with white caulk that improves the functionality and upgrades the overall look, stainless steel bracket and half round.
- Stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder that stores under platform
- Custom optioned fore/aft teak deck package with white caulk that clads the top of the swim platform.
- Flush foredeck anchor locker with hinged hatch and fold-out anchor roller. Hinckley designed polished SS folding anchor roller with 12-volt windlass. Windlass controls at helm and handheld wireless remote. Polished SS Delta anchor with 25’ SS chain and 150’ rode.
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Varnished teak handrails on house top, cabin and aft end of pilothouse
- Four (4) elliptical ports on house sides with opening port in the head.
- Hinckley pilothouse mast with Radome painted to match deck.
- Large opening side windows in Pilothouse
- (2) Stainless Steel electric opening hatches in the Pilothouse with powered Ocean Air Sky Screens
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern and 316L stainless steel mooring cleats - mid-rail easily reached from cockpit – pop-up mid ship cleats
- Fender padeyes with toe rail chafe strips
- Varnished teak swim handle on transom
- Single bay varnished teak handrail mounted at port dash
- Varnished teak package includes dash, pilothouse liners and cockpit caps.
- Teak decks in pilothouse and cockpit with black caulk
- Custom fresh water wash down spigot in anchor well
- Custom padded exterior handrail covers, five total
The Cockpit features optional teak decks with black caulk and gloss varnished teak coamings. Ample cushioned seating at the transom with matching cushion sized to fit at transom door, aft facing seats are located at the forward end of the cockpit with storage below.
More cockpit features:
- Teak decks in cockpit area with black caulk
- Custom Sail Shade Bimini Top for aft cockpit
- Gloss vanished teak cockpit coaming.
- Starboard transom door from swim platform
- Optional receiver installed in port cockpit area for folding table with high/low base
- Swim platform clad in custom optioned fore/aft teak deck package with black caulk
- Optional 8” deep insulated and drained cooler in port amenity with hinged lid
- Courtesy lights under side decks port and starboard
- Cockpit cushions in Sunbrella Elements with Canvas White Piping
- Teak boarding step for port or starboard side deck
- Cockpit/pilothouse lockers with varnished louvered teak doors
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve at stern seat.
- Stamoid cockpit mooring cover
- Two speakers in cockpit with dedicated amplifier and volume control
- Two stainless steel holders mounted on the port and starboard side decks
- Two Rupp rod holders mounted on port under gunwales
The Pilothouse is fully air conditioned with Sunbrella Cassidy Pebble #56068-0000 upholstery at port and starboard. The optional teak decks with black caulk, full length overhead teak hand rail and optional high/low table.
- Varnished teak pilothouse liners and dash
- Optional teak decks with black caulk throughout
- Optional fiddles either side of helm pod
- Optional chart fiddle across port dash
- (4) Pilothouse windows with Green Tint include: (2) Manual Sliding side windows and (2) Fixed, forward with heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers
- Insulated white overhead has two optional (2) Electric opening oversized hatches with Ocean Air Sky screens/shades
- Optional Stidd seats with Luxor Leather Vellum with Dove Grey piping for helmsman and navigator seats with integral folding foot rests
- Optional refrigerator installed in starboard amenity between cockpit and pilothouse
- Custom mid-height shelf in the port amenity locker to aid with storage, shelf is removable with oil-finished teak fiddle
- Optional 8” deep insulated and drained cooler in port amenity between cockpit and pilothouse with folding lid and storage below.
- Pilothouse cushions in Sunbrella Elements with Canvas White Piping
- Two 10,000 BTU air conditioning/reverse-cycle heat units in pilothouse with separate controls for port and starboard.
- Custom optioned single bay handrail at dash for port seat
- Additional illumination is by four (4) overhead low-voltage halogen lights
- Storage lockers under pilothouse settees
- (10) Cup holders, three at each settee and two at each helm location
- Glove box/storage at port and starboard helm shelves
- Varnished teak locking companionway door
- Varnished teak handrail on centerline
- Stamoid 3-piece drop curtains with Eisenglass windows
- Custom teak dining table with high/low base
Helm Station (Starboard)
- Varnished teak instrument pod
- Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim
- Hinckley “JetStick II®” with H-Lock and Heading hold features
- Engine gauges, tachometer with hour meter, oil pressure, water temp., nozzle indicator
- 12-volt “cigarette style” outlet near helm
- Glove box/storage with lid at aft end of starboard shelf
- (2) Cup holders
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
Helm Electronics/Navigation Equipment:
- Raymarine e165 16” color Chartplotter/Radar with 4kw 24” color HD scanner
- Raymarine P70R Autopilot interfaced to GPS
- i70 Multifunction instrument display with depth interfaced with Raymarine equipment
- Standard Horizon Explorer Gx1600BVHF radio with RAM mic
- Racor fuel filter/water audible alarm with indicators for generator main engines
- Optional dual Racor fuel filters on main engines, both wire to helm alarm panel
- High water bilge alarm with indicators for each bilge zone (3)
- ACR remote spotlight control
- Optional SR150 SiriusXM satellite weather
- Ritchie compass
- Alpine FM/CD/Satellite receiver ready Stereo with iPod connection and wireless remote.
- Independent volume controls for pilothouse and cockpit at helm
- Cockpit speakers have dedicated amplifier
- All speakers for system are Alpine
- (2) Pair of speakers – (1) pair in pilothouse forward and (1) pair in cockpit. All speakers have remote volume control
- Independent climate controls at port and starboard helm
- Direct TV HDMI jack located inside the pilothouse, outboard of the port seat, co-located with the optional 110V outlet
- KVH TV1 Satellite TV system with DirecTV network. Satellite TV dome to be painted to match the deck and installed aft of the mast on pilothouse rooftop
- Direct TV control box is to be located inside port locker. Includes one DirecTV Receiver and RF remote. A/V feed to be output to jack locations at the galley and pilothouse
The Queen Island Berth interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry with optional shear lockers located to port and starboard. The cabin sole is gloss varnished teak and tulipwood. This spacious cabin with 6’2” standing headroom is fully climate controlled via a single 10,000 BTU reverse-cycle air conditioning unit with outlets in the main cabin and the head. Entry is from the pilothouse companionway to the galley to port, private head to starboard and the island berth accommodations forward.
- Custom Corian “Witch Hazel” countertop in galley
- Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures, spray nozzle and hot and cold pressure water.
- Adler Barbour refrigeration – 12-volt cold plate refrigerator in a self-draining insulated box
- 600-watt 110-volt microwave oven
- Mug and glass storage below microwave
- 110-volt outlet
- Direct TV HDMI jack located in galley
- Built-in bin for dish stowage
- (3) Cherry pullout drawers
- Red step-light in galley
- Under counter pull-out garbage receptacle
- Additional storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink.
- A “pantry” locker with louvered door and several shelves separates the galley from the forward V-berth area and houses the stereo system.
HEAD (Next aft starboard)
- Solid cherry door panel door
- Custom satin varnished cherry countertop and under-mounted porcelain sink.
- Grohe faucet/hand held shower provides hot & cold pressure water – bracket for shower bulkhead mounted
- Sealand Vacu-Flush electric marine head is plumbed to a 27-gallon holding tank and overboard discharge
- Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame.
- Storage is provided by cherry faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer with a cherry face beside the marine head, and a locker under the vanity.
- 110-volt outlet
- Air conditioning/heat outlet in head
- Opening port with screen, as well as forced ventilation.
- Stainless steel towel bar
- One optional Hella fan mounted in head with jack
ISLAND QUEEN BERTH (Forward)
- Optional Island Queen berth with settee to port for easy access to the bunk.
- Storage lockers under Island Queen berth have easy-access cherry front drawers
- Cedar-lined hanging locker is just aft of the berths to starboard.
- Optional shear lockers located to port and starboard for additional storage
- Overhead Stainless Steel opening hatch with Ocean Air Sky screen/shade.
- Air conditioning/heat outlet in cabin with zone control located at galley aft face
- Mattress cover upholstered in Perennials – Sticks/ Blueberry
- Cabin seat upholstered in Sunbrella – Sapphire Blue
- (2) Optional Hella fans mounted at head of berth to port and starboard
- Optional 9 KW Onan generator with sound shield
- Low resistance, copper wire and sacrificial zinc anode bonding system.
- (2) 12-volt house batteries for a total of 420-amps.
- Start – Two 12-volt AGM Group 31 batteries with 950 CCA capability.
- House – Two 12-volt AGM Group 4D batteries – 210-amps each.
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch allows emergency starting.
- (2) Two 185 amp 12V D.C. alternators, one for house batteries and one for each starting battery
- 12-volt distribution panel includes thermo-magnetic breakers, volt and amp meter.
110-Volt AC electrical system
- 110-volt shore power inlet and relay.
- (2) 30 amp shore power cord. (1) dedicated to house and charging loads and (1) dedicated to climate control systems
- Victron Multiplus inverter/charger with 100-amp 12-volt multi-stage battery charging capability.
- 3000-watt pure sign wave inverter with control mounted in cabin
- Optional 110-volt outlet located at port helm
- Optional Twin Volvo D6-435-hp Common Rail diesel engines
- Optional dual Racor filters with selector valve for main engines
- Hamilton 274 Jet Drives
- Twin ZF 63 transmissions
- 7” hydraulic variable thrust bow thruster
- Hinckley custom “JetStick II®” control system is integrated with the bow thruster
- Dual cylinder trim tabs with indicator controls at helm
- Fuel filter/water separator with audible alarm panel at helm
- Volvo LCD multi-function display. Separate analog tachometer, oil pressure, fuel tank gauge, and engine coolant temperature for each engine.
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges.
- Alarms for high-low oil pressure, and high engine water temperature and hydraulic pressure
- Manual hydraulic steering pump.
- (3) Electric 1500-GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches and high water alarm
- Whale emergency bilge pump - mounted in cockpit locker.
- In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump.
- 27-gallon holding tank with overboard discharge.
- 6-gallon stainless steel hot water heater – shore power and engine heated.
- 40-gallon polyethelelene water tank.
- (2) 110-gallon polyethelene fuel tanks - total 220-gallons.
- Mylar-faced acoustical foam-lined engine box insulation.
- Engine box cover has double gaskets and an electric riser.
- Engine box forced-air exhaust fan.
- Baffled and insulated air intake
- Automatic engine compartment fire suppression system, with automatic engine shut-down.
- Optional oil change kit
- Compass: Ritchie, mounted at helm seat.
- Fire Extinguisher: Three 2-1/2 lb. dry chemical.
- Flares: USCG approved flare kit.
- Horn: 12-volt Kahlenberg air horn with switch on dash.
- Life Jackets: Six adult Type 1 PFD.
- Lines: Four 35 foot 1/2" docking lines.
- Running Lights: Approved running and masthead lights.
- Fenders: Three 8" x 20" inflatable fenders with Polartec covers and Wichard snap hooks for each fender line.
- Boat Hook: Mounted under side deck.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. This listing is a courtesy of a member of the International Yacht Brokers Association and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.